Rovaniemi 300 Write Up & Video

Share your rides with us.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

whitestone

Re: Rovaniemi 300 Write Up & Video

Post by whitestone »

Another film is The Thin White Line about the first Iditarord. Filmed by R J Sauer who also wrote the When the Trail goes Cold article.

Steering dampers do what they say on the tin - they slow the response of the handlebars in moving from side to side. What you want in snow is steady and smooth, both in power delivery and in how the bike reacts and moves. Sudden movements are bad.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Interesting that Bob, it crossed my mind a couple of years back when fighting my way through crud that a steering damper would be a way of stopping the bar flapping that goes with trying to ride punchy snow and ruts, might have to give one a go.

In 2019, I was noticeably riding more on bud and Lou than others. What was really frustrating was on the section to kuusilampi following another rider using JJ's at too high a pressure. Everytime they washed out, the resulting messed up trail stopped me. Unfortunately I didn't have the horsepower to burn her off.....
Boab

Post by Boab »

Have just watched the video, I think that counts as "vaguely exciting"! :doffs_cap:

I think I need to seriously start figuring out how to get hold of another fatbike. Consider me inspired.
There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

K1100T wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:14 pm
redefined_cycles wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:29 pm (Anyone)whats steering dampers and the ITI... sorry
Safety to Nome - Official Trailer will give you the idea, as will reading this article: When The Trail Goes Cold.

Thanks Kate... I remember it now (I think its the one Jay Petervary goes on about ! right). Anyone got a link to actual full movie Safety to Nome. I think I tried watching it once but couldn't find a decent quality vid without spending extras. Can't be having to sign uo to some new media player either.. thanks in advance :-bd
Boab

Post by Boab »

redefined_cycles wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:17 pm
K1100T wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:14 pm
redefined_cycles wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:29 pm (Anyone)whats steering dampers and the ITI... sorry
Safety to Nome - Official Trailer will give you the idea, as will reading this article: When The Trail Goes Cold.
Thanks Kate... I remember it now (I think its the one Jay Petervary goes on about ! right). Anyone got a link to actual full movie Safety to Nome. I think I tried watching it once but couldn't find a decent quality vid without spending extras. Can't be having to sign uo to some new media player either.. thanks in advance :-bd
Full movie was released on iTunes the other day, but will cost you to watch...

P.S. My name is actually Bob, just for the record. The Kate thing is a Blackadder reference...
There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.