Ice, Ice, Baby!

Share your rides with us.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Alpinum

Re: Ice, Ice, Baby!

Post by Alpinum »

Gosh... quite the trip :|
Hope all goes as good as it can from now on.

I know it's not the same, but once you're ready to go again, you can always catch up with the missed BaMs. It's about getting out regularly and enjoying Nature, which will always be waiting for you.

Healing vibes from the Emmental

(Wondering if vibes is in the filter... lets see...)
Alpinum

Post by Alpinum »

... no, it's not.
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

Short term update.

Started ringing the local practice at 0805 yesterday. Got through at about 0830 - "the doctor will ring you back". Get a call at 0925 - "Can you come in for 0945?". Turned up, waited a while (about half an hour), a bit of "Nice bruising" then "I'll let the fracture clinic at Airedale know. Probably a couple of days before they arrange an appointment."

Back home and about 1600 I get a call: "Airedale fracture clinic here, can you come down for 1040 tomorrow? We'd normally send a letter but at such short notice you'd probably not get it."

Cath took us down this morning. An x-ray and bit of prodding and "does this hurt?" - answer "no!". "It's healing already. Movement to comfort and then I'll see you in five weeks"
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Aye mine had sort of joined after a couple of weeks and got firmer day by day thereafter. It actually hurt more after it joined than when I did it. Post week six I tried swimming on a friends recommendation. It was quite sore at first but it definitely helped....