OAPs daily release (or 3)

Share your rides with us.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Borderer

Re: OAPs daily release (or 3)

Post by Borderer »

RIP wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:28 pm I concur B. Tried that combo yet then?
We always ride in crocs in hot lands. We crossed Spain in the wettest spring since god was a lad or somesuch thing and they were great. Your feet would freeze and fall off there though, hence the waterproof socks idea.... You would have to make sure there were no witnesses though - socks and sandals - there are limits (even for OAPs).
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

I rode my jogle in shimano spd sandals, it was apparently Scotland’s wettest ever summer :shock: Although they look ‘special’ you can use socks, water proof socks or none for the full hippie look. Work great but beware of goose poo, it’s a bugger to remove from between toes. I was out yesterday in a pair of Keen clipless sandals, they have a toe box and more strapage than traditional sandals, I wore them on the Spanish c2c. Lake also make a pair but I’ve not looked at them.
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
middleagedmadness

Post by middleagedmadness »

a few pics from the saga experience
https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHksp3w
https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHkGJPD

look closely and youll find regs tribute to javi in there
dosent seem to be a bbcode on flikr any more so its only the links sorry
RIP

Post by RIP »

Did flickr bbcode yesterday, seemed ok?
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
middleagedmadness

RIP wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:18 am Did flickr bbcode yesterday, seemed ok?
Just went on PC and it's updated Flickr and no bbcode option comes up like it used to ,maybe I didn't look hard enough or maybe it's not there anymore ,anyhow all the pics are on the 2 links
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

It's there, it's just all moved about. If you look on the bar below the picture screen, to the right there's a set of icons including a curvy arrow (if you mouse over it, it says Share Photo) - click on that and it gives you the bbcode option.
RIP

Post by RIP »

Saved ya the bother, here's a few :smile:

sheeting down

Mynydd Bychan 2 mins "sun"

Clegg, Compo and Foggy. Road or river, who can tell?

tussocktastic

the aforementioned Javi Appreciation Society meeting. Although all is not as it seems.
Last edited by RIP on Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
middleagedmadness

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:23 am

Greying beard and rugged facia - we all look the same Stu, although the ears should be a giveaway :wink:

To be fair Stu my ears ain't much smaller :lol:
psling

Post by psling »

Bit late to the party, only just dried out...
Good to see some of the photos from our character forming escapades, it was an interesting few days of overcoming adversity, thinking on (wet)feet and adapting to conditions. Waterproof jackets were certainly tested to the limit and it can probably be confirmed that it is pretty much impossible to keep feet dry in those conditions - gaitors, leggings, waterproof socks, waterproof boots all succumbed to water ingress from either above or below.
Some light-hearted moments along the way like the man losing his wife at Borth train station, the Ranger turning up to open the toilets for us at our "covert" overnight spot, the four piece wind ensemble overnight performance near Corris, the guy calling out as he chopped firewood "I'll put the kettle on for a cup of tea when you come back down" (a no-through-road but him not realising "no-through-road" meant nothing to our onwards progress), and for me bumping into an old mate cycling down from Foel Fadian whilst I was cycling up the Mountain Road to Dyliffe - amazing where you randomly bump into people!
I really must start taking photos and setting up a photo library so that I can join in the sharing; for me it's just words for the time being. Despite the weather it was really not that bad; to be able to experience the remoteness and beauty of the area in any conditions is something we are very lucky to be able to do.
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

True, but it’s nicer in the sun :-bd
Although I have been known to head out if there is a good thunderstorm forecast :-bd
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Bravo all, I enjoyed that.
RIP wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:05 pm Peter was feeling a bit “bonky”
Fnarr fnarr :lol: