Diary of a Randonneur

Share your rides with us.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

UnderTheRadars

Re: Diary of a Randonneur

Post by UnderTheRadars »

Another good video! I commented on your YouTube vid, there’s actually a bridge about 2km South of where you thought the ferry was, it would've taken you on to the Jack Mytton Way/Severn Way/NCN 45. That blue bridge is just a bridge for the waterworks pipe work (Chelmarsh reservoir Is on the other side).

composite

Post by composite »

I replied on youtube as well, but yeah, I just missed that bridge on the map at the time. I used it maybe 10 days earlier as well which is even more annoying. When I got home and noticed it I was cursing as it would have been perfect, I reckon it only would have put maybe 5km on the whole day. If I had seen it at the time I definitely would have taken it.
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

Neil.. sorry if you've covered it in a vid which I might have missed... but have you pondered over what you'll be replacing the LeJOG with for this year.. any mad rides planned etc etc?
composite

Post by composite »

redefined_cycles wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:18 pm Neil.. sorry if you've covered it in a vid which I might have missed... but have you pondered over what you'll be replacing the LeJOG with for this year.. any mad rides planned etc etc?
The main goal for August and September is to gain 18 points so I get the Randonnuer5000 (50 points) award for this season. That for me is the only thing on my mind for those 2 months.

August will almost certainly end up only being 200s but there was some indication from an AUK board member that they are looking to validate other distances ASAP. I'm hoping that might mean by September. If so then I'm hoping to do a 400 and a 600 during that month and also get the SR series award. It's all very dependant on what happens. I have also thought about maybe doing 2 or 3 back to back 200s and biving the nights in between.
UnderTheRadars

Post by UnderTheRadars »

composite wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:14 pm I replied on youtube as well, but yeah, I just missed that bridge on the map at the time. I used it maybe 10 days earlier as well which is even more annoying. When I got home and noticed it I was cursing as it would have been perfect, I reckon it only would have put maybe 5km on the whole day. If I had seen it at the time I definitely would have taken it.
D’oh! Ah well, never mind, gives you an excuse to head back over this way
composite

Post by composite »

UnderTheRadars wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:08 pm
composite wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:14 pm I replied on youtube as well, but yeah, I just missed that bridge on the map at the time. I used it maybe 10 days earlier as well which is even more annoying. When I got home and noticed it I was cursing as it would have been perfect, I reckon it only would have put maybe 5km on the whole day. If I had seen it at the time I definitely would have taken it.
D’oh! Ah well, never mind, gives you an excuse to head back over this way
I was planning to do that tomorrow afternoon, drive up to Pattingham after my morning volunteering and then go ride the section west of the river that I didn't do plus a few other squares I missed. I got bitten by a horse fly though end of last week and it got infected, which gave me a swollen, painful left leg. On antibiotics and it's feeling better than it was but I won't be riding tomorrow. :cry:
composite

Post by composite »

Episode 16 - The Mortimer Round

Mike, Steve and I do the Cross Cartel Mortimer Round route. We did it a week late so it was quieter and given the type of event it is, I'm not even sure there is that much point doing it on the "given" date. Anyway, it was great to see the lads and actually ride with someone else on an vaguely exciting route.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPuWRW58LWg
composite

Post by composite »

Audax returns: The first ride back
A write up with no video this time. I need a little break from the editing. :grin:
https://www.composite-projects.co.uk/20 ... ride-back/

composite

Post by composite »

THE MARCH EAST/THE MARCH WEST (2 X 200 DIY)
Decided I couldn't be doing with filming this trip either, so I have done another write-up. Plenty of photos though.
https://www.composite-projects.co.uk/20 ... x-200-diy/
composite

Post by composite »