survivor

Re: Ride the Sweary Dave-ide

Post by survivor »

Cracking video that. Enjoyed every every minute of your great adventure :-bd
darbeze

Post by darbeze »

F*CK me Dave! That was truly amazing!

Seriously, I was riveted. I cannot comprehend how you finished and in such good shape too.

Best moments for me?

"Sorry Clacton"
The way you got on with it despite the hardship.
"We're out here riding our bikes. Stop moaning. There are people worse off and having a sub standard time out there"
That your days got longer nearer the end!

The fact that the the film is unpolished, frank and honest makes it all the better. It is easy to relate to a fed up bloke from Devon, rather than some polished yank who won't get out of bed without sponsorship.

What a lovely and refreshing viewpoint you bring.

My hat is firmly removed sir. Thank you for taking the time to record your epic.

As your end credits hoped, it is an inspiration.

F*cking ace. Well done.

Si :shock:
FLV

Post by FLV »

Really enjoyed that too as others have said.

Well done on a cracking ride Dave.
99percentchimp

Post by 99percentchimp »

darbeze wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:42 am F*CK me Dave! That was truly amazing!

Seriously, I was riveted. I cannot comprehend how you finished and in such good shape too.

Best moments for me?

"Sorry Clacton"
The way you got on with it despite the hardship.
"We're out here riding our bikes. Stop moaning. There are people worse off and having a sub standard time out there"
That your days got longer nearer the end!

The fact that the the film is unpolished, frank and honest makes it all the better. It is easy to relate to a fed up bloke from Devon, rather than some polished yank who won't get out of bed without sponsorship.

What a lovely and refreshing viewpoint you bring.

My hat is firmly removed sir. Thank you for taking the time to record your epic.

As your end credits hoped, it is an inspiration.

F*cking ace. Well done.

Si :shock:
Second everything here too. Great watch. Cheers for sharing it all Dave
Conquistador of the pointless
https://www.flickr.com/photos/99percentchimp/
macinblack

Post by macinblack »

Just finished watching this.

Epic!

Well done Dave.

I feel I have come to know your nasal hair better than my own children.
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

I'm enjoying this Dave. I'm watching it in instalments and still working my way through, but either way, top work :-bd
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

Zippy wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:48 am I'm enjoying this Dave. I'm watching it in instalments and still working my way through, but either way, top work :-bd
Thanks, I'm halfway through a write up which I'll publish when done. But at current rate it's going to be near Xmas.
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
Blackhound

Post by Blackhound »

Enjoyed the film. My write up took 8 years to finish so you write and ride somewhat quicker than me.
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

Dave Barter wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:25 pm As some of you may know I rode the Tour Divide a few months back and took my camera with me.

Some of you may also know I wield it with a certain style and the Divide was no exception. I've edited the resulting mess into a film that is a bit sh1te, but you do get a flavour for my ride and the trials and tribulations within. The main problem is time whilst out on the trail. There just isn't any to do it right and most of the time you're knackered. So this film contains a lot of me whining away and not many inspirational shots of glory.

Ride the Divide this is NOT.

This version on Youtube is still a bit work in progress as I am testing upload, never done anything this big before. I know it needs more editing. But hopefully you'll find something to laugh at in there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKLnQgH ... e=youtu.be

EDIT: Updated the film a bit, old link won't work
Half an hour in or so, loving it, best TD video ever!!
composite

Post by composite »

Been meaning to post a comment for a while. I watched this a bit ago and really enjoyed it. Great trip and nicely put together, I know how hard it can be to try to capture the essence of something in a self-shot video especially when you don't want to be farting around too much. It's not often I'll watch something on youtube of this length and not really notice how long it is. Thanks for putting in the effort to share this Dave. :-bd
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

Thank you Neil that means a lot. I'll never be up there with the production values of the sponsored riders but without crappy videos like mine theirs wouldn't look so great ;-)
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

As Neil has said, I too have been meaning to congratulate you on your efforts. I watched it in 1 go as soon as you posted it and was so affected by your awsomeness that I've given up riding and taken solice in drink :-bd
I'm now rewatching it in smaller chunks and a question has occurred.
How did you manage to book a room in the YWCA hotel in Banff when you clearly fail to meet at least 2 of the prerequisites?