RTTS 2019

Share your rides with us.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

paramart

RTTS 2019

Post by paramart »

this years destination was Aberystwyth arrived at the star inn to be greeted by burty, timed arrival to perfection 20.45 hrs we went outside with a drink wondering why we couldn't come up with a valid excuse for not doing it :lol:
the weather was great although it went cold quickly, after a brew we sorted our kit out and realising there would be no grand depart and we hadn't got a selfie stick so we binned the compulsory photo departure shot and set off at 22.05hrs
light was great until 23.40hrs plugged away on relatively dryish tracks got to the river crossing shoes and socks off slippery wade over never thought about a photo opportunity,
bit of hikeabike on 2 bridleways and slow going on another we made the decision to adlib great down crap up, cheats don't prosper :roll:
eventually got on the railway bike route cold was an understatement so we stopped and brewed up, watched the sun come up which was nice and also warm, carried on in between the sun on either side of us,
got into Aberystwyth where we headed for weatherspoons for brekkie via costa 1st for coffee and cake, once in spoons the local loons latched on to burty, as he detected his STOKE :lol: accent at which point and in his best n-u-lyme accent tried to up his social status, anyway I left him to it when I came back the bloke had ate burty's left over toast and was now being questioned by his son, after we ditched this pair we headed to the spar,
I came out only to find loony 2 latched on to burty, at which point he was asking for help, which didn't come :lol:
finally dragged ourselves away and headed out on the homeward leg, bit hilly to say the least sun beating down on us, and I'm trying to cough a lung up,
later on we find ourselves peddling against the flow of mtbers, from nant-y-arian, several water stops and lung replacement stopslater we got to the road and went down it back to the pub where the chef made an early return for us and we had a meal and lashings of ginger beer and a brew,
I will post pics separately as I ballsed it up last time
it's not that I can and others can't, it's that I will and others won't.
middleagedmadness

Re: RTTS 2019

Post by middleagedmadness »

Burty did say a couple of loons had latched on to you mart ,but he didn't say you'd been to the spoons ,Jesus in my local spoons we had a horse come in, through the winter ,when asked to leave the owner told the manager he couldn't because the "oss" had said he was cold and wouldn't leave without a whisky ,was in the express and star on the Monday apparently the horse lives in his flat with him ( well it is bilston),last time I saw that was back in Dublin where a neighborhood kept a couple of "piebalds" in the front garden :lol:
Bearbonesnorm

Re: RTTS 2019

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

the homeward leg, bit hilly to say the least
To be fair, you were riding from sea level back to the highest pub in Wales :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way