Chilterns Spring Thing ...you're sorry you missed it.

Share your rides with us.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

TheBrownDog

Chilterns Spring Thing ...you're sorry you missed it.

Post by TheBrownDog »

Pete and Rich and I met up at 3pm at Leighton Buzzard on Saturday as planned. Weather looked good and we headed off in great spirits with Pete as route wallah because he knew where we were going.

We had a great ride out (albeit at much too fast a pace, both up and down, for me) but Rich and Pete were always generous enough to wait at the top of every hill and bottom of every descent. And there were a few. Part of our Saturday afternoon route took us over towards Woburn Sands to a bit of a downhill park. Some lovely single track which had me pining for my suspension bike, though I doubt even on that I'd had let Peter and Rich in sight.

Dinner came courtesy of a nice table in the bar of the Old Red Lion. Super food and plenty of it, but I was feeling a bit giddy after just two pints of Otter, which is just 3.7%, and wondered whether I should switch to water. Four pints later and I had my answer... yes. We wobbled out of the pub and headed back towards Leighton Buzzard, stopping to bivvy in a clearing in a local wood. We got there late and were gone early. It was a lovely night, Pete in his buffalo bag, Rich in a Borah bivvy and me in my hammock (still feeling guilty about having to knock some branches off a tree to hang my hammock) Anyhoo, it was lovely night and we all slept well-ish. Morning dawned lovely, dry and not at all cold. As Pete and I watched on, Rich prepared his breakfast of chorizo, scotch egg and beans. Made my meal of dehy'd scrambled eggs look pretty grim, which it was.

Once breakfasted and packed Pete led us over to the downhill centre, which was great fun, but would have been even more so with some suspension. Dropper post would have come in handy too. After an hour or so we then headed over to Pete's to drink is tea. meet his rabbits, laugh a bit more and then back to the train station to end it all.

I'm not sure there's anything more fun than spending time with mates who are into the same things. Thanks fellas. Brilliant night out.

Some pix.

Last edited by TheBrownDog on Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm just going outside ...
Rich3rd

Re: Chilterns Spring Thing ...you're sorry you missed it.

Post by Rich3rd »

Spot on little report there TBD, 'twas a splendid little trip, chuckle muscles well exercised and no post beer, beer, beer, beer, beer, beer, brandy UDI's
:-bd
Never knowingly under biked...
MuddyPete

Re: Chilterns Spring Thing ...you're sorry you missed it.

Post by MuddyPete »

An excellent evening of silliness :-bd
A pleasure to see you again, chaps.
May you always have tail wind.