Bivvy a month 2019

Share your rides with us.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

middleagedmadness

Re: Bivvy a month 2019

Post by middleagedmadness »

RIP wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:52 pm Cheers Shaf, no doubt 'twil happen. Keep up? You're a BB200 man; I'm just a B2 man, possibly BB20 with a tailwind. Nah, MaM, SteveM and meself are competing for the position of slowcoach of t'forum. May as well just chuck the bike in the hedge to be honest - quicker to walk. I think our average speeds are negative, if we could even be bothered to record them :smile: .

'Reg The Flaneur Bikepacker'
Will be even slower next weekend reg , not been on the bike since beginning of November :roll:
RIP

Post by RIP »

Had forgotten the classroom, ta! That was a good one.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Just a quick round-up of mine.

https://www.blog.scotroutes.com/2020/01 ... nd-up.html

Did we get a final scores-on-the-doors for compleations?
RIP

Post by RIP »

Mmm, was wondering too. "Calling Mr Zip"... :smile:
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

ScotRoutes wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:23 pm Did we get a final scores-on-the-doors for compleations?
I updated the spreadsheet first day back in the office :lol: but was going to leave it until say the 14th for any late stragglers of reports. :-bd

I currently have the following down for the 12/12 of 2019.

Asposium
BigdummySteve
Borderer
Borderer2
ChrisF
darbreeze
ericrobo
Escape Goat
frogatthefarriers
JimmyG
JoseMcTavish
Landslide
metalheart
MuddyPete
paramart
Raggedstone
RIP
ScotRoutes
sean_iow
TheBrownDog
TrepidExplorer
whitestone
Zippy
Borderer

Post by Borderer »

Cheers Zip :-bd
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

23? Not bad.

Thanks Zippy for keeping the records.
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

Thanks for keeping the scores Zippy. It's taken me a year to realise you list them alphabetically, I wondered why my name always came near the bottom of the list #-O
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Needs more 🤦‍♂️
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

ScotRoutes wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:04 pm 23? Not bad.
Yup, 23. Actually, there’s nobody else eligible (according to my records/reports on this thread) for 12/12 for 2020. So well done to the 23 who went all the way through, we had 48 recorded Bivvies’ in January! We actually had 24 bivvies reported on this thread in December, but only 23 who have been taking part since January (javatime started in March).
sean_iow wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:21 pm Thanks for keeping the scores Zippy. It's taken me a year to realise you list them alphabetically, I wondered why my name always came near the bottom of the list #-O
Actually, most of the year I’ve been just copying and pasting the list straight from the pivot table output….which wasn’t alphabetical. I think it was mostly, but also dependent just on what order your username got added to the list….
This last list I alphabetisicised (is that a word!).

I see there’s a 2020 thread, I may keep count again…although don’t think I’ll be taking part to the full rules (may not worry about the bike side of things…and I saw the New Year In from a Suffolk coastal “bothy”…).
JimmyG

Post by JimmyG »

Thanks for keeping score Zippy! Much appreciated.
One day, you’ll wake up and there won't be any more time to do the thing you always wanted to do. Do it now. – Paolo Coelho
Borderer

Post by Borderer »

Be nice if we got some top stats to pin to the new thread ie youngest and oldest completed BaM, lowest temp, longest run, highest number of completed years etc. Give folk something to aim at maybe? Or am I being too competitive?
RIP

Post by RIP »

Good idea B. He says; not actually doing anything about it to help :oops: :wink: .

Borderer

Post by Borderer »

RIP wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:46 pm Good idea B. He says; not actually doing anything about it to help :oops: :wink: .
Ok so then we need to compile the stats to start with. Who is the oldest? Anyone willing to share their age?
Who has done the longest run? Reg on 47 months?
Most completed years? I saw JimmyG say he had done 3 years consecutively - can anyone beat that?
JoseMcTavish must have the record for coldest bivvy at -11C.
RIP

Post by RIP »

Reckon I must be one of the more geriatric contestants at 60 (+1 in Feb) ((I always like to say I'm in my 7th decade, but someone pointed out it's worse than that because I was born in 1959 so that means I'm spanning eight decades as of ten days ago, gulp)). You're an old codger too Colin? Crewlie's got a couple of years on me but sadly a month eluded him.

Heaviest rider? Heaviest gear? Lightest gear? Most beers drunk? Longest time in the pub without actually getting some riding done? Most rain had (ME!!)? Most sensible bivvy spot? Most insane spot? Cheekiest spot? Highest/lowest spots? Hottest/coldest (nice one JMcT!)? Closest spot to your own front door? Closest spot to an inhabited building without being rumbled? Furthest spot from habitation? Most baffled conversation with a Normal? Most catastrophic/expensive bike/gear failure? Most rubbish spoken? Most lost? Most slugs eaten by mistake? Most completed years is likely same as longest run?

Where does it all end? :smile: .

Borderer

Post by Borderer »

RIP wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:37 pm Closest spot to an inhabited building without being rumbled?
Joe and I once camped in someone's back garden by accident :lol: It was all dark and looked fine - a few trees and a flat bit of grass. In the morning we realised there were swings and a treehouse there too :???: and oops - a house as well.
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Borderer wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:58 pm Be nice if we got some top stats to pin to the new thread ie youngest and oldest completed BaM, lowest temp, longest run, highest number of completed years etc. Give folk something to aim at maybe? Or am I being too competitive?
yes
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Also an 8th decader. (Nov 58).

Does that make me "most senior BAM"?
RIP

Post by RIP »

Borderer wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:38 am
RIP wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:37 pm Closest spot to an inhabited building without being rumbled?
there were swings and a treehouse there too
:lol: winner!

Not sure if Colin's "yes" was "too competitive" or "good idea" :wink: Seems like a bit of fun rather than competitive. A way of bringing back interesting memories rather than winning owt. Anyway Colin, if it was "too competitive" you've just joined in by claiming 'oldest BaMmer' :lol:

whitestone

Post by whitestone »

There's at least one on Zippy's list who's significantly older than either Colin, Reg or myself (I'm just a couple of months younger than Reg), old enough to be one of our parents.

I've done colder bivvies than Craig (Josemctavish) but they weren't in the UK so shouldn't count. :-bd
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
Borderer

Post by Borderer »

RIP wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:58 am
Borderer wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:38 am
there were swings and a treehouse there too
:lol: winner!

Not sure if Colin's "yes" was "too competitive" or "good idea" :wink: Seems like a bit of fun rather than competitive. A way of bringing back interesting memories rather than winning owt. Anyway Colin, if it was "too competitive" you've just joined in by claiming 'oldest BaMmer' :lol:
I thought he meant I was being too competitive too.... Congrats on being the oldest tho Colin.
Chew

Post by Chew »

Borderer wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:58 pmlongest run, highest number of completed years
Taylor holds that record
IIRC, 64 consecutive months
Borderer

Post by Borderer »

Chew wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:19 pm
Borderer wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:58 pmlongest run, highest number of completed years
Taylor holds that record
IIRC, 64 consecutive months
Excellent - keep em coming.
Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

In a bid for closest bivvy, I reckon I've achieved 10.5km as the crow flies from my door.
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

Landslide wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:07 pm In a bid for closest bivvy, I reckon I've achieved 10.5km as the crow flies from my door.
I'll see that and offer you 3.5km door to bivy as the crow flies. Was 2018 rather than 2019 though.

Last year we'd just two bivy locations that we'd used before.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry