WRT

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

gazaddy

Re: WRT

Post by gazaddy »

Can anyone tag along with the LHC , not done any multiday events before and be kinda nice to join a group of likeminded people....will be booking on this when back from India in a fortnight
--------------------------------------champagne lifestyle on lemonade budget
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Can anyone tag along with the LHC , not done any multiday events before and be kinda nice to join a group of likeminded people...
That's the idea behind it. It's always been an open house policy.
May the bridges you burn light your way
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

Bearbonesnorm wrote:
Can anyone tag along with the LHC , not done any multiday events before and be kinda nice to join a group of likeminded people...
That's the idea behind it. It's always been an open house policy.

Other people to get lost with, superb idea :-bd on the other hand if there's no set route can you ever be lost??? I've confused myself...I think.
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
gazaddy

Post by gazaddy »

Cool cant wait booked the time off work , doing the dirty reiver the weekend before so hopefully legs not to knackered
--------------------------------------champagne lifestyle on lemonade budget
RIP

Post by RIP »

"Confused" - just one of the (many) prerequisites for paid-up membership of the LHC :-bd
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
AlexGold

Post by AlexGold »

Hi guys, I've also had the great idea to sign up for this event with very little experience - will get out a few times before, but this will be unlike anything I've ever done either way - and could well be interested in joining a team also, as the navigation is likely to be the toughest part of the ride for this city dweller!
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

scott of the woods wrote:
RIP wrote:Blimey, only 3 weeks to go until GRs. The tension mounts!

Just booked the Star Inn Penthouse Suite with Executive Private Fine-Dining for Friday night. I love contrasts and that should contrast very nicely with the following nights of Waterlogged Disused Football Pitch with Potnoodle.

Trouble is if we "Go South", that'll then be up and down that hill about a million times within the space of a couple of days - I guess one could vary it by using the BB200 Masochist Finale route to get to BB Towers on Sat morning...hmmm..
scott of the woods wrote:Join us and the lonely hearts club B team, we will eat and drink well with a bit of biking and biving to break it all up. A good bunch last year and we did a few miles, the weather will be changeable the riding will be tough in places, but you will definitely have a great weekend
Hi Scott will be good to see you, summarised it nicely there. Although I guess we're no longer "lonely hearts"? Do we have to invent a new group name for this year? "Broken Hearts" maybe? New like-minded souls still very welcome presumably, whatever we're called. Chew does a brilliant and much-appreciated job with his dating agency too of course as we found out last year :-).

R
Yes I quite agree a new group name is required, but as I see you have taken the gauntlet from Chew to lead the Lhc, the B team could be called Regless? I think there needs a count of heads to see who wants to ride with the Lhc and if not too many, Regless could join you guys ?
How does one get into one of these interestingly named groups ? Do they have distinct characteristics, like how far/slow they are ? cake/brownie requirements ? Is there another thread I should of seen, as its only last minute decision to do this.

Cheers
Sarah
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Sarah, Chew made the decision to split last years LHC into 2 groups due to demand - Reg has picked up the job of taking charge this year, so I'm sure he'll fill you in once he's decided what's going on. Generally the LHC travels at the pace of the slowest rider, you'll usually get a little advance warning of the likely distances planned (this planning often bears to relevance to the actual distance travelled though) and arriving with brownies, cookies or other such items will I'm sure, see you welcomed into the fold with open arms and bulging pockets. :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
RIP

Post by RIP »

Sorry to come late to the party. How does one get in to the various groups? Ah well, each have their own arcane and bizarre initiation ceremonies frequently involving unusual handshakes, drinking contests (not necessarily of alcoholic beverages - I've heard rumours of bog waters, tussock juice and worse), and cake races (don't ask).

Stu, Scott, Artie, psling et al (no, not 'and Al' although he's probably got some good thoughts too) have summed it all up nicely.

Seriously though Sarah, if you're not particularly tagging along with others, yourself and anyone are very welcome to join what may, or may not, be called the WRT Lonely Hearts Club. As Stu says, last year we had 2 groups, LHC-A and LHC-B. Stu kindly says it's because there were too many for one group, but the real reason is because some of us old wrecks realised that we hadn't a hope in hell of keeping up with the main band, and went and hid behind an owl until they'd steamed off over the horizon :smile:. So we'll wait and see if any subgroups are needed this year.

And by some incredible stroke of good luck you have managed to cut straight to the chase and realised that possession, and hopefully provision, of certain flour-based chocolate-flavoured quality bakery products entails instant and unconditional admission to the top table(*) of the WRT-LHC :-bd

Once Stu has released (T-5 and counting) the gridrefs from the specially-sealed nuclear bunker repository, and once I've worked out which ones to completely ignore(**), no doubt a separate LHC thread will open up somewhere with a few more details.

'Reg' (aka RIP aaka Chris BUT SSSHHHHH DON'T TELL ANYONE OK??)

(*) once we've manhandled it down from Stu's cobwebbed loft.

(**) on past form, all of them :wink:
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster