Clothing rant

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Mike

Clothing rant

Post by Mike »

Anyone else fed up with trying to find decent cycle clothes only to get them and they are either to tight, small, big or just not what you expect.
Just ordered some Endura bibs and they are to tight on the thighs and i reckon will be only good for the coldest winters....so they are going back to the shop and ill have to try again!! Damn it why is it so difficult to find stuff that fits and you like :???:
ianfitz

Re: Clothing rant

Post by ianfitz »

I seem to fit most brands luckily.

For winter ish bib longs I love Howies padless ones. Super stretchy and not too warm. Often reduced too
Mike

Post by Mike »

Im thinking of going for the tights now instead of full bibs, what brands are folk recommending. Ian ill google howies :wink:
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Anyone else fed up with trying to find decent cycle clothes only to get them and they are either to tight, small, big or just not what you expect.
Not really ... when you're as mis-shapen as me, you're just thankful for something with the right number of legs or fingers :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
NorwayCalling

Post by NorwayCalling »

I am not the "classic" Italian cyclist shape i.e. 90% of road gear being designed around that body shape.... so that's why I use ether MADISON clothing or BONTRAGER clothing as its designed more around the ....ummm.....average build cyclist. Unless you buy their "pro" kit and then I am something like XXXL in most things (42" chest, 34" ish waist) rather than L.

Find a brand and stick with it i would say.
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

Got some Arcteryx running bottoms recently, as ever, great kit. Slightly baggy fit, so suitable for hill walking too (and just about pub friendly, just) but tight enough for the bike. No padding either
benp1

Post by benp1 »

Try being tall!

People are not all average height grrr

Trying to find LS jersey/tops/jackets with genuinely LS is a challenge

Same for tights
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Not really sure why, but roadie gear seems to fit me much better than mountain biking gear... but not for the reason you'd think. For some reason all the mountain biking shorts / undershorts are WAY too tight on my thighs. Yet to find any that work properly. Bibs and roadie shorts? Fit perfectly. Very strange.
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

I'm a bit old fashioned and usually buy clothes from a shop. It's an hour on the train to get to a decent shop but saves a lot of pissing about with constant returns.
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

Lusso do great winter/cold weather tights. Mine have lasted years.
https://www.lusso.bike/product-category ... ts/tights/

The other make I rate is De Marchi. I reckon 10 years for a pair of padded shorts is exceptionally good going. Doesn't look like they make the ones I have anymore so I'll be hunting soon for NOS or going with their merino shorts.
http://www.demarchi.com/en/bib-shorts-a ... ts-man.php

Greetz

S.
slarge

Post by slarge »

Mike you should have asked to try my Endura leggings on - maybe we should a sort of clothing swap fest, a bit like some shops have with saddles and stems.

I can put my Aldi shorts in as first offer. Anyone got any Crikey, how much kit?
ton

Post by ton »

haha, try being built like the honey monster,
54'' chest 42'' waist 34'' inside leg, 6ft 4''
getting cycling clobber to fit in the uk is pretty much impossible. if i was a yank in yankee land it would not be such a issue.
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

We're all individuals......."I'm Not"

I hate all clothes! They are made for strangely shaped humans who happen to be either taller/skinnier/better looking/lacking leg muscles or some other outlandish variation of normal. The final indignity came with a new job and the accompanying medical @ 5'7" little fat but enough muscle my BMI was 30, yes obese.

This explains everything, I'm a short fat man who cannot expect any clothes to fit let alone cycling stuff, the only option is to either buy local where you can try it on or online wherever they have a free returns policy.
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark