Bivi, jacket, aerobars

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

MarkJS

Bivi, jacket, aerobars

Post by MarkJS »

Having a post Christmas clear out and have a few items available to people who may get more use than me.

Profile t3 plus aero bars - (aluminium not carbon) for 31.8mm bars - SOLD

Rab Alpine bivi - full eVent bag so pretty breathable and very waterproof. Got this over a year but never used it - £SOLD

Rab atmos jacket - 3 layer pertex shield waterproof, blue, size Small. Weighs just under 300g - £50

Prices include postage.

Happy to accept paypal or bank transfer

Feel free to pm me with any q's or photos.

Cheers
Mark
Last edited by MarkJS on Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
MarkJS

Re: Bivi, jacket, aerobars

Post by MarkJS »

Aero bars now sold and shipped

Other items reduced :)
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

Gotta colour on the Alpine? [Edit: did ask for size...but it seems one size only]

Out of interest...can you get a mat in there with your bag and still get decent loft?

Greetz

S.
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

Have the alpine bag myself, I can get a mat and winter bag inside the bivi without issue (I do find it more comfortable outside the bag in good weather but that's preference). It's a great bag and a bargain at that price
MarkJS

Post by MarkJS »

Scattamah wrote:Gotta colour on the Alpine? [Edit: did ask for size...but it seems one size only]

Out of interest...can you get a mat in there with your bag and still get decent loft?

Greetz

S.
Hi, it's grey and yellow (the alpine is not exactly a stealth bag)

As Simon says, I can get a thermarest neo air (about 50mm thick mat) and either my summer or winter bag inside with plenty of room for the down to loft and me to wriggle about.

Not super light compared to borah, etc but good for foul weather.
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

Thanks fellas. I use the Neoair Xlite and find my std. size Hunka is nowhere near big enough to get the mat and bag in there and have me wriggle about. How's it handle the rain? I'd want to use it sans tarp.

Greetz

S.
Artie Fufkin

Post by Artie Fufkin »

If Scott doesn't take it, I'd be interested in the bivy.
Let us know what happens.
Thanks,
Adam.
MarkJS

Post by MarkJS »

Scattamah wrote:Thanks fellas. I use the Neoair Xlite and find my std. size Hunka is nowhere near big enough to get the mat and bag in there and have me wriggle about. How's it handle the rain? I'd want to use it sans tarp.

Greetz

S.
I already have the same bivi and it's fine in wet weather without a tarp although I prefer the tarp to keep the rest of my kit dry. All bivi bags can suffer with condensation but this is by far the most breathable type I've used. I'm over 6 ft and there's plenty of space at the bottom to chuck extra clothes to keep them dry overnight.

They're easy to clean - mine just gets chucked in the washer with my shell and some tech wash. Worth re proofing every once in a while, I've used the same granger's spray that I use on my mountaineering kit and it beads fine. Basically treat like a waterproof jacket.
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

Adam...I'll step aside and it's all yours. It sounds ace....price point is fantastic...but I'm struggling to justify it when my tent is ~100g more for the whole show. Thanks for all the answers tonight folks.

Greetz

S.
Artie Fufkin

Post by Artie Fufkin »

Nice one Scott!
Mark will PM you later, busy day today so will be later. Will take the bivvy though.
Many thanks.