BareBones Fatfighters - The weigh in

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Scattamah

Re: BareBones Fatfighters - The weigh in

Post by Scattamah »

Richard G wrote:56kg would arguably be right at the junction of underweight and ideal weight for a 5' 9" guy...
I used to be that weight...folks called me Skeletor (I was in server rooms all night, all the time and a touch pale).

I started this fat killin' exercise kind of thing last August @ 75Kg. Hit 69Kg in Sept. for TNR by fruit abuse/almost no beer for 5 weeks. Eating semi-normally again now, and yesterday weighed in at 69Kg, clothed but no shoes on. So probably closer to 67Kg now. I'll be fair chuffed to hit 65Kg (my target) as that'll be the weight of Lois off of me. A month or two and I'll hit the mark.

Greetz

S.
godivatrailrider

Post by godivatrailrider »

Gari wrote:90kg at 1 metre tall? Are you one of the mr men? :grin:
3'3" ! Bike fitting must be interesting ! Geared BMX? :wink:
Moder-dye

Post by Moder-dye »

Impromptu weigh in this morning... -4.5lb since Boxing day :-bd
godivatrailrider

Moder-dye wrote:Impromptu weigh in this morning... -4.5lb since Boxing day :-bd
Good going fella .... I'm gonna hang on til next Monday.
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

I was pleased to find that I've lost the extra Christmas weight already. Though I suspect that weight gain was mostly because of water retention (got a bit swollen up after cycling so many days in a row).
Moder-dye

Post by Moder-dye »

Richard G wrote:I was pleased to find that I've lost the extra Christmas weight already. Though I suspect that weight gain was mostly because of water retention (got a bit swollen up after cycling so many days in a row).
Not just me that gets and feels physically swollen then after tough work? Mentioned it to one of my friends who doesn't have it happen at all.
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Maybe he's not working hard enough. :cool:
Moder-dye

Post by Moder-dye »

:-bd
Lawmanmx

Post by Lawmanmx »

Moder-dye wrote:
Richard G wrote:I was pleased to find that I've lost the extra Christmas weight already. Though I suspect that weight gain was mostly because of water retention (got a bit swollen up after cycling so many days in a row).
Not just me that gets and feels physically swollen then after tough work? Mentioned it to one of my friends who doesn't have it happen at all.
could be elevated Cortisol levels if you are over training? i can cause swelling or bloat.
Moder-dye

Post by Moder-dye »

Yeh could be something like that with me I guess. I get alot of muscle and joint pain and have to 'try' to pace my activities, I say try cos I'm generally crap at it.

As an example Ive quite alot of leg pain just now so I thought I'll do a light turbo spin in the shed and listen to a podcast. Got caught up in zwift and have just come back in with a new higher FTP and have no idea what the podcast ws about :roll:

Currently on the sofa trying to relax and not think about what I'll do tomorrow as it my last day off work.
fatboyslow

Post by fatboyslow »

I'll join the .......fun?

Currently at 92.4kg, I would like to get down to 85kg (actually would love 82, but I thought realism needs a chance)

Be able to get to the second hole on my belt buckle? Is that ok as a goal?
Blair512

Post by Blair512 »

Still not managed to get a battery for the scales but I've lowered my carb intake right down, finding it hard to find food I like to replace all of the bread and pasta I usually eat though. I'm not a fan of cheese of nuts and these seem to be a staple of low carb recipes. Any tips on lunches/snacks for a cheese hater!
Moder-dye

Post by Moder-dye »

Cooked meats, peperami, decent hotdogs, pate, hot smoked salmon, various tinned fish, boiled eggs, egg mayo, avocado, guacamole, hummus, olives, salad, pickled veg. Those hot roast chickens you can get at supermarkets mmmm!

Soups

Oatcakes, corn tortillas.

Not low carb but better than wheat based foods ; those sushi packs, rice based ready meal, jacket potato...

Anyone got ideas to add?

For me cutting out wheat based stuff and sugar makes a big difference in itself and massively lowers carbs if not proper low carb
Blair512

Post by Blair512 »

Moder-dye wrote:Cooked meats, peperami, decent hotdogs, pate, hot smoked salmon, various tinned fish, boiled eggs, egg mayo, avocado, guacamole, hummus, olives, salad, pickled veg. Those hot roast chickens you can get at supermarkets mmmm!

Soups

Oatcakes, corn tortillas.

Not low carb but better than wheat based foods ; those sushi packs, rice based ready meal, jacket potato...

Anyone got ideas to add?

For me cutting out wheat based stuff and sugar makes a big difference in itself and massively lowers carbs if not proper low carb
Thanks, some good ideas in there. If I can't find some tasty meals for lunch I'm going to end up back eating 8 slices + of bread a day!
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Big fan of a nice bacon / sausage omellete - zero carbs, tasty and quick to knock up.
May the bridges you burn light your way
Giacomo

Post by Giacomo »

Giacomo:

06/01/2017
76kg. 47bpm

Goal:
68-70kg. 40bpm
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Bearbonesnorm wrote:Big fan of a nice bacon / sausage omellete - zero carbs, tasty and quick to knock up.
Everything's better with bacon.
Fat tyre kicker

Post by Fat tyre kicker »

Home made corn beef quiche, line a dish with corned beef, fill with onion,bacon and anything else you
Fancy, mushrooms, spinach etc, whisk up eggs and cottage cheese and pour inside,add grated cheese
Then bake until firm and golden.....delicious, the corned beef can be replaced with cooked ham if
You prefer :-bd
Moder-dye

Post by Moder-dye »

Mmmm.... I love cornbeef pie, but with pastry, will have to try this :-bd
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Not sure the best idea is making people in this thread hungry. :lol:
Fat tyre kicker

Post by Fat tyre kicker »

Moder-dye.....pastry gives me heartburn anyway so this is a low carb version :smile:
breff
Location: Lancaster.... "Not the Yorkshire, Not the Yorkshire!"

Post by breff »

I'll do my "weigh in" on a Wednesdidydidooday evening and post on a Thursday. No point in me recording in the first 3 days so it'll be the 11th when I post.
I do have a feeling that I'm shedding a tiny gram, or two, already so I'm hoping for a kg lost at least from the start on New Year's Day. :-bd
At the pace of sailing ships and bicycles.
godivatrailrider

I'm doing ok at the moment... looking at a Mon morning weigh in.... Sadly I've got the first Saturday of the month punk pissup to get through betwixt now an Monday. Not had a beer this year though I have had a couple of rum and diet cokes on a couple of nights. I wasn't going to go out tonight as I'm trying to be good but wifey said you can't cut everything out so.... musn't argue with the wife :wink:
FLV

Post by FLV »

I'm a late starter for this. But I'm going to join in.

Illness, lethargy, work and child rearing has seen my riding and general excercise fall to pitiful levels over the last 18 months.

I'm making the effort to find time again and reducing my caloriemail and sat fat intake. No fancy diets for mexample as I won't stick to them. Just going to try to burn more than I put in.

Don't have any scales but I'll get some. My guess is I need to come down few dress sizes though :-)
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Down a couple of kg since New Year. Probably 4 or 5 to go... which I'm really hoping I'll have done by the end of March.