East Fife Trails

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

ZeroDarkBivi

East Fife Trails

Post by ZeroDarkBivi »

Does anybody know of decent day rides in East Fife that might be in condition? Spending Xmas and NY that way and would like to get some hill trail riding done, if possible. Had a look at the maps but difficult to tell what might be rideable, and I don't want to waste time exploring dead-ends.
RobMac

Re: East Fife Trails

Post by RobMac »

Blairadam, Pitmeden and the Lomond hills.
Justchris

Post by Justchris »

Lomond hills. Cleish hill a bit. Lots of good road and rough country track type roads/paths. Strava heat maps are your friend. To be honest. East Fife in particular is rolling or flat. Always packed with roadies as it gets the least amount of rain.
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Loads, but you have to go looking for them. The Fife Coastal path makes for some nice riding excepting the bit between Boarhills and St. Andrews. Aforementioned forests are good too but Pitmedden in particular is a bit of a warren of singletrack and hard to find your way round without a lot of exploring or a guide. Lots of tracks and paths in between most of which are Core paths - check out http://www.fifedirect.org.uk/topics/ind ... E07CCAE64E I know quite a few of them so let me know if you have aspecific one in mind.
Blair512

Post by Blair512 »

Where are you going to be staying? I'm originally from Falkland and I regularly head back there to ride the Lomonds or Pitmedden. Happy to meet up sometime in the holidays and show you the local trails if you like?
ZeroDarkBivi

Post by ZeroDarkBivi »

Thanks for all the steers. I will be staying near Dairsie, a few miles East of Cupar, and happy to meet up with anybody who is up there over the hols.
Dodgypenguin

Post by Dodgypenguin »

I live in Auchtermuchty (the southern extremity of Pitmedden Forest). Happy to show you around the forest, although working some days over Xmas. Expect mud and a few trails out of commission due to forestry works. Nice (& less muddy) riding up at Kinnoull Hill (Perth) also. Plenty of nice beach riding and fireroads in Tentsmuir forest up in NE Fife. Interesting WW2 relics/gun posts/tank traps etc

These boys do plenty of Lomonds riding: http://www.mukyriderz.co.uk/