BB200 Heads up.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearbonesnorm

BB200 Heads up.

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Okay, just a few things that might help make your BB200 experience slightly less painful.

Friday night;
It gives me great pleasure to announce that the Star Inn is now open again. The new owners are local and very, very nice. I had a chat with them yesterday and can report that they're very happy for any BB200 riders to call in there for drink / food on Fri night. B&B accommodation is available ('tis very nice) for anyone wanting one last shower and they're also more than happy to let the rougher bikepacking element park-up / sleep in their carpark. It's roughly 6 miles or 10 minutes from the start and is also the highest pub in Wales.

The Star Inn, Dylife, Llanbrynmair SY19 7BW
email: starinn@pc-q.net
tel: 01650 521345

Bed & breakfast
Double/twin room - £80 double occupancy
Single occupancy - £55
Carpark 'camping' - £FREE just spend some money and park sensibly at the far end of the carpark :wink:

SPOT;
Trackers are not compulsory but I know carrying one can offer a little security and peace of mind for those at home. Chris from 'Track my Adventure' has once again stepped forward and kindly offered BB200 riders a reduced rate for SPOT hire. The cost is just £5 per unit for the weekend, plus £5 postage and a refundable £60 deposit to safeguard against loss or damage. You can get in touch here: https://sites.google.com/site/trackmyadventure/ just mention Bear Bones.

Route;
This years route is now finalised and will be winging its way across time and space on Sun Oct 2nd. Please bear in mind that the email address I receive from paypal is the one it'll be sent to, so check all your accounts and if you used someone elses account to enter ... they'll have it. It's only available in gpx format, so if you don't use a gps, good luck and happy wanderings.

Thank you.
May the bridges you burn light your way
GregMay

Re: BB200 Heads up.

Post by GregMay »

Nice one Stu!
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

I was going to say that I'm looking forward to seeing the route... but I'm not sure that's quite the right way to put it. :lol:
Charliecres

Post by Charliecres »

Thanks Stu. I see a pint and a car park bivy in my future.

Might just hire a Spot this time, too.
Rob A

Post by Rob A »

Cheers for that, one less thing to think about. Hopefully a chance to meet a few folk before the fun begins!
littlegirlbunny

Post by littlegirlbunny »

Good stuff :-bd
rich.mike

Post by rich.mike »

Room booked for the night (I'm feeling soft!) thanks for sorting out one part of my piss poor preparation!
Matt

Post by Matt »

vaguely exciting sauce
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Starting to sound like the makings of a Friday night knees up.
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Looks like that's where I'll head. No idea what time I'll arrive but hopefully make last orders!
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

Bearbonesnorm wrote:Starting to sound like the makings of a Friday night knees up.
Hmm. Pre ride meet up in a pub. What could possibly go wrong!
GregMay

Post by GregMay »

Bearbonesnorm wrote:Starting to sound like the makings of a Friday night knees up.
I'll be down on the Friday most certainly :)
adjustablewench

Post by adjustablewench »

:(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :((
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

adjustablewench wrote::(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :((
Can you come over for the social AW?
adjustablewench

Post by adjustablewench »

I have thought about it, but not coping with the travelling so well atm as sitting seems to aggravate my neck - and my GP seems to want me grounded completely.

They want to take out one of my discs at the beginning of October - so it may be out of the question anway . . .

Still doesn't stop me considering it!!
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Hmm. Three bean curry....
Single Speed George

Post by Single Speed George »

will be down friday night , probably sleep in my car boot as that worked nicely on the winter event ma find some people in the pub if not too late getting there
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

I am most definitely not going to be there at the pub Friday night... mostly by virtue of having zero self control.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Another one for a pre ride pint here, I was sleeping in the car up the MTN road now ill be in the car on the pub car park!! Nice one stu, see all you guys at the pub I guess Friday :-bd

Rich, ul be fine I'm sure most won't be drinking vast amounts!

Those who plan to eat looks like they serve from 6pm till 8pm! Butternut squash curry surely :wink:
Asposium

Post by Asposium »

where do we park for the event?

i.e. for sat night
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

where do we park for the event?
At the start ... which is Llanbrynmair community centre. Details etc will be included in the route email.
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

Mike wrote:Another one for a pre ride pint here, I was sleeping in the car up the MTN road now ill be in the car on the pub car park!! Nice one stu, see all you guys at the pub I guess Friday :-bd

Rich, ul be fine I'm sure most won't be drinking vast amounts!

Those who plan to eat looks like they serve from 6pm till 8pm! Butternut squash curry surely :wink:
The last time I ate there on one of the Winter events, I had to be them for food and it was beans on toast and some soup, due to the fact they were fully booked the night. Still the 6 people that had booked seemed to enjoy steak and fish!

Still it was one of the best beans on toast and soup meals I have every had, helped by a cold beer and the fact it was snowing outside.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

The last time I ate there on one of the Winter events, I had to be them for food and it was beans on toast and some soup, due to the fact they were fully booked the night. Still the 6 people that had booked seemed to enjoy steak and fish!

Still it was one of the best beans on toast and soup meals I have every had, helped by a cold beer and the fact it was snowing outside.
New management as from a week ago. The previous landlady was somewhat mental, the new one's, less so.
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

I look forward to trying them out.
Bearbonesnorm wrote:

New management as from a week ago. The previous landlady was somewhat mental, the new one's, less so.
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Think I'll make my way here then! So behind on any kind of organisation this year!!!!