AZT compared to HT550?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Fi

AZT compared to HT550?

Post by Fi »

Hi,

hoping to give the AZT750 a go next year in April (when the event takes place). Has anyone done the AZT and HT550? How does it compare to the HT550? Especially time wise as I've only got just over two weeks from Landing to returning home.

Fi
ianfitz

Re: AZT compared to HT550?

Post by ianfitz »

Fi wrote:Hi,

hoping to give the AZT750 a go next year in April (when the event takes place). Has anyone done the AZT and HT550? How does it compare to the HT550? Especially time wise as I've only got just over two weeks from Landing to returning home.

Fi
Hi Fi. I think that Marshall Bird has done all of the American ITTs. Alan could put you in touch...
Fi

Post by Fi »

Cheers Ian, I'm thinking two weeks would hopefully be enough. Seen a few videos and loads of singletrack which hopefully will make it amazing.
Chew

Post by Chew »

Fi wrote:Cheers Ian, I'm thinking two weeks would hopefully be enough. Seen a few videos and loads of singletrack which hopefully will make it amazing.
Hopefully you've also seen the video of 24 miles of carrying the bike as well?
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

Chew wrote:
Fi wrote:Cheers Ian, I'm thinking two weeks would hopefully be enough. Seen a few videos and loads of singletrack which hopefully will make it amazing.
Hopefully you've also seen the video of 24 miles of carrying the bike as well?
Fi is nails. Not an issue :ugeek:
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

Are you going over for Jens birthday party? I'm not getting permission to get to that one!
Fi

Post by Fi »

Yeah hopefully same time as Jen's birthday bash. Would be good to have lots of riders out there and cake. Been thinking of doing it for a bit, during the HT550 I had a chat with Jen and it's on her bucket list too.
Shame you can't do it Ian.
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

Fi wrote:Yeah hopefully same time as Jen's birthday bash. Would be good to have lots of riders out there and cake. Been thinking of doing it for a bit, during the HT550 I had a chat with Jen and it's on her bucket list too.
Shame you can't do it Ian.
Would love to but want to ride the HT again plus the French Divide next year. That's already a big ask away from family so not pushing it.

Kids would go bananas if I washing to the US with out them