Woodcock C2C

Share your rides with us.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Sarah

Woodcock C2C

Post by Sarah »

Made it !

We used the Woodcock route for the basis, but being a meer mortal and a girlie, there was no way I was taking my bike n toys over BlackSail or Garburn, so started over Hardnott n Wrynose, Rydal to Ambleside, then lanes n tracks to Kentmere, tracks to Longsledale, track n bog to a bothy, more bog n track, then lanes to Shap. Lanes, Sustrans, tracks into Yorkshire, Tan Hill Inn, PBW, Swaledale tracks, Vale of York on lanes n Sustrans, then some fabulous tracks on NYM to White Bull Inn [they have showers !] and a few lanes n cinder track to finish.

Fabulous trip, loved the changing scenery and variety of riding. Wild camped a couple of nights, bothy was a godsend in the rain and camped in fields near pubs. About 4 days in total. Highly, highly recommend this trip.

Now whats next ?
Sarah
Mike

Re: Woodcock C2C

Post by Mike »

Would u say this ride could be done comfortably in four days with travel to the the start n end in total?
Sarah

Re: Woodcock C2C

Post by Sarah »

Depends where you are travelling from !!!

But yes, we were taking it pretty easy, I am slow on hills, we stopped about 7 for the first days, but 4pm, sunny and at a pub kind of swayed us at the end. If we added up the moving hours I am sure they are less than 4 days at a steady pace.

Hope this helps !

Sarah
Sarah