If it weren't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any!

Share your rides with us.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Gari

If it weren't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any!

Post by Gari »

So having had to cut my trip up through the NW coast short, due to a fragged BB bearing, I went for a ride up to the Ski centre this am, to make sure new BB was OK, having just booked the bike onto the train tomorrow to do a little more of the route. It went just below the car park, I stopped suddenly with a horrible SPANG :shock: to find the mech in the wheel!!
Wheel has suffered nothing more than some scuffed anodizing on a couple of spokes, cassette OK too, hanger and mech not so much :cry:
Mech is toast, hangar is folded like an open book :oops:
The guy that I got the frame from doesn't seem to be trading any more so I may need to order directly from Van Dessel and play duty roulette.

I'm just gonna sit here in the corner and sulk for a little while if that's OK?!
ScotRoutes

Re: If it weren't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any!

Post by ScotRoutes »

I could probably help you out with a mech, a hanger not so much. However, you might find an emergency hanger somewhere.
Gari

Re: If it weren't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any!

Post by Gari »

cheers Scotroutes, I have ordered a new xt mech from CRC. Emailed Van Dessel in the states and hopefully they can get a couple of hangers out to me in the next week or so. Fortunately I have other bikes to play with :lol:
I think i am up to plan x or y for my hols this week :oops:
Beer, popcorn and Deadpool on the projector this evening so feeling a little more chipper :grin: :-bd