Last minute bikepacking route recommendations - sunny!

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Clanton

Last minute bikepacking route recommendations - sunny!

Post by Clanton »

Ok based on the weather our planned, non ITT version of the Cairngorm Loop has been canned. We are simply not hard enough for that. Thing is leave is booked and cna't be moved so looking for a last minute option which promises better weather. ideally bikepacking, off road but open to off the wall suggestions! Done Lakeland 200 and Trans camrbian Way and Iooking for something new. We have 5 days.

It will need to be either a circular option or easy return to the start, and better weather than looks forecast in Scotland! Also can't break the bank flying too far.....

Thinking about driving to France.

Any suggestions welcome!

Thanks
voodoo_simon

Re: Last minute bikepacking route recommendations - sunny!

Post by voodoo_simon »

Ryan air has a feature where you input your departure but no destination, it the comes up with the cheapest flights first.

No idea on baggage charges though.

I'd check the weather before heading to Europe as it looks pretty similar to the uk at the moment
Nikk

Post by Nikk »

The Capital Trail will be ok I think, I did it last weekend http://bearbonesbikepacking.co.uk/phpBB ... =10&t=7548
Mike

Post by Mike »

I too was planning on heading to Scotland for ten days bike packing Saturday to do the cl but like others I to have dropped that idea and I'm now thinking about driving south and riding the Braunton 100 route next week instead :0) or u could do the gravel dash 100 route that's a good route in Dorset
Clanton

Post by Clanton »

Thanks for replies! Gravel dash may be an option.