Cycle2Charge Reliability?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

wildgecko

Re: Cycle2Charge Reliability?

Post by wildgecko »

I use one of these USB current meters to check my C2C output.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/DROK-Multimete ... rent+meter

I've also used it to check what current my various devices demand. It's worth noting that the current demand is often controlled by the device being charged; this means that even though 1000mA should be available from the C2C when doing 15mph+, your device may only be demanding 100 or 500mA.

My Edge 800 only ever charges at 500mA for example, even when plugged into a 2A charger at home. My Exposure Diablo, on the other hand, will suck as much charging current as you can give it. As devices get charged up, some of them ramp down their current demand. My iPhone will draw 1000mA from a wall charger when under 20% charged. When it's nearly full it demands 100mA and when fully charged it demands nothing. I've only ever got it to draw 100mA from my C2C direct, so use a buffer battery for charging it now.

This may be why a device doesn't appear to be charging: if it's already 100% charged it may not be demanding any power.

Hope that helps

Si
ianfitz

Re: Cycle2Charge Reliability?

Post by ianfitz »

Also, I followed your wiring diagram and the only difference is how the supply gets into the switch. If your revo works though the switch then maybe it is the polarity?

Isn't your socket on the switch an input?

I thought you had fixed wires out...