Borders 350, 2016, Sat 2 July.

Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Ray Young

Re: Borders 350, 2016, Sat 2 July.

Post by Ray Young »

Sadly the only entrant for this year's group(?) start has had to drop out due to back problems but he hopes to attempt it later in the year. I also hope on another attempt this year as I know I can get my time down by at least 24 hours, maybe in September as a birthday present to myself.
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

That's a real shame Ray. I wonder what the barriers are to more people signing up for this? Its a fantastic route and deserves a decent field to give it a proper race.

Is there space in any of the half term holidays, or back to the English August bank holiday? Not many people are going to fit it into a weekend!

I was hoping to fit it in this year but seem to have run out of time slots between now and the end of October!
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

I did consider it but I'd already moaned about the proposed date for Bearstock being last weekend as it would have clashed with the YD300 so decided to give it a miss, which since I'm doing the Peak 200 next weekend is probably for the best.

I am interested in doing it but like Ian much of the rest of this summer/year is taken up with rides, holidays or challenges and their associated recovery times.

There was a thread, started by HopeValleyPaul I think, about when all the various group starts were. I imagine that the Borders 350 is a route that is better earlier in the season before the vegetation gets too high.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

Maybe it just needs more exposure. I have put it up on bike n bivi on Facebook and created a Facebook group dedicated to it. A few people have said they intend to ride it this year so hopefully word of mouth will help things pick up next year. I contacted Self Supported UK to get it on that after I completed it but heard nothing back, I'll try again. I am going to keep the date in July for the group start as there are quite a few of these events now and people will have to pick and choose which they do. I'll also get some cards made up to hand out to the Capital Trail entrants in September.
I did set up a blog page on Google blogspot, problem is I can get the page up but it won't let me do anything with it, I'm a bit uneducated when it comes to computers so any help/suggestions there would be good.
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

Once you've created a blog page with blogspot you have to sign in - you think you might go the "create blog" route but you've already done that. Once you've signed in, click on the pen(cil) icon and you can start writing.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry