Tall folk: Mini Peak or Hex Peak?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Motorman

Tall folk: Mini Peak or Hex Peak?

Post by Motorman »

After being pointed in the right direction here, I'm sold on the idea of a mini or hex peak for my next shelter, but which is best suited for someone 6.2"?
Gari

Re: Tall folk: Mini Peak or Hex Peak?

Post by Gari »

Don't know about the hex but I have the first iteration of the mini and you would fit i
n that fine I reckon.
scott of the woods

Post by scott of the woods »

Best speaking to bob or rose at backpacking light, they will point you in the right direction. I've got the hex peak and usually use it without the nest and it's huge but I am only 5'8
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I think there's quite a difference in weight which may be a consideration?

I don't think the inner nest of either will be overly roomy at 6'2" but I'd have thought both will work fine.
May the bridges you burn light your way
bryanwadd

Post by bryanwadd »

Having used a Trailstar quite a bit, and love it, I was interested in the Hex Peak for it's greater vertical height. I have only pitched mine in the garden so far but I think I'm going to like it! I have a custom inner that I intend to use with it that I used in my Trailstar.

You'll need a pole to go with it for bikepacking because I guess you're not using trekking poles ;)

I shall be taking mine out for it's, and mine, first bikepacking trip in a couple of weeks hopefully so could give more info then. As others have said, have a chat with the folks at http://www.backpackinglight.co.uk/ and watch the videos if you haven't already.

Bryan