Tuscany Trail Trackleaders

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Purty

Tuscany Trail Trackleaders

Post by Purty »

Tuscany Trail have sent a link for Trackleaders and I am keen to sign up with my hired Spot 3 tracker ready for next Friday.

Is there normally a charge for signing up to Trackleaders as I assumed the service was goodwill and donation funded?

Thanks,
Purty.

http://trackleaders.com/tuscany-signup

http://trackleaders.com/
AlanG

Re: Tuscany Trail Trackleaders

Post by AlanG »

As far as I know It's normally around $25 for a bikepacking event.
Giacomo

Post by Giacomo »

I signed up for Highland Trail trackleaders yesterday, it was $25.

Was considering signing up for the Tuscany Trail trackleaders but not sure... It's not mandatory is it?

Giacomo
gairym

Post by gairym »

It's annoying that I'll have to pay for people to confirm that I'm in last place!

Did anyone else notice the bit in the big email the other day about train travel saying that for non-regional train travel with a bike you'll need a bag/box?

Had anyone else sorted their train journey?

My latest thought is to drive to the start, leave my bike/kit, drive to the finish, leave car and then get the train back to the start but it's a PITA!
Purty

Post by Purty »

Using track leaders is not mandatory for Tuscany.

With regards to the return leg from the finish I was just going to catch the train and play the stupid foreigner routine.
Giacomo

Post by Giacomo »

I'm flying into Pisa with bike bag then taking train to Massa and then giving bag to the kind people that have offered to take it down to Capalbio for 30 euros. Then I can just pack up the bike again and jump on the train...
gairym

Post by gairym »

Have been told that the train thing is ok for non-bagged bikes as long as you avoid the non-regional lines.

There's enough room for misinterpretation in all of that to make me nervous but hopefully it'll all workout ok.

Am now back in the Alps and am aware that I've planned nothing, am using a bike I've never ridden, a new GPS I've only used once, riding with SPD's for the first time ever and have no time to remedy any of those things.

What could possibly go wrong???

To be fair what will actually go wrong is likely to be none of the above and, for once, I'm mostly in the right physical shape and so let's roll the dice and see what happens.....

Oh yeah, signed up for the trackleaders thing too.

You can now see the fb feed and trackleaders map/progress on the Tuscany Trail homepage - nice little feature.

Anyone else sleeping in the gym the night before?

Not long now.....