Bearbonesnorm

Re: Holyland Trail ... Blue dots

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Jealous ... walks away kicking himself for not going :mrgreen:
May the bridges you burn light your way
jameso

Post by jameso »

I lost my camera on this ride but have a few from Ricky to post up plus a few I took with his camera -

Ricky and Paul78 in the desert - very Great Basin-like including the winds.

Feet taking a beating, mind also getting one from the scale of some of the desert sections. Somehow it all felt more intimidating to me than being alone in the Basin or New Mexico last year, shows how much of a mental game these rides are once you're into real fatigue toward the end. The heat affected us differently at different times too.

First day in the terrain south of the Dead Sea. That water looked inviting but was salty, green and full of bugs.

Stunning terrain.

Sunday in Jerusalem.

Pleasant terrain on day one with the sea of Galilee just out of shot on the right.

Local rider joining us for 20km. Amazing how many people (riders and others) knew about the event and offered encouragement. Look forward to hearing about crowds lining the desert sections offering water and shade in future years ; )

https://www.flickr.com/photos/67338272@ ... 062166407/ - more here
Ian

Post by Ian »

James, those pics are vaguely exciting. Well done on your finish. Though you've experienced far bigger/ more expansive places than I have, I agree wholeheartedly about the mental thing.
composite

Post by composite »

Wow just Wow!

This really has to be next years main trip. I can't imagine how many hours of footage I would have to sift through for trip video from that one. :)