Exposure Lights

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

didnothingfatal

Exposure Lights

Post by didnothingfatal »

Using a Exposure Joystick Mk5 as a helmet light. Has anybody tried the Red Eye or the Red Eye Micro? Also what about the White Eye? Need to increase my visibility when out road biking in the evenings, had a close shave the other evening
faddyvictor

Re: Exposure Lights

Post by faddyvictor »

Red eye is super bright if they can't see it they must be blind,micro is also useful.
valleydaddy

Post by valleydaddy »

Yes I have the lot :D

The red eye as said is vaguely exciting, very bright.

The Micro is bright too but really as a secondary light I would say.

The white eye is the same output as a Joystick 220 lumens just remember using these will shorten the running time of the Joystick considerably.
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

I just bought a Smart 1W after using their 0.5W versions for several years. Tredz seemed best value for something £10+.

Bonkers bright in a garden test and handy array of flashing modes etc. Personally I'd buy a couple as I think two flashing (out of sync') lights at the rear make you more visible.

Couple of AAA batteries, never drowned mine and last a long time. May or may not suit your needs.
didnothingfatal

I've got a Exposure Flare on the bike, flashing away, just want something seriously bright on me! Handlebars have a Hope Vision One and with the Joystick I have plenty of foreward light. It's just those braindead people who think it's ok for a bike to be passed with a few inches between the wing mirror and my butt! I'll just be thankful he didn't hit me. So RedEye it is on the helmet.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

This might sound stupid but I assume you've got some high viz / reflective gear on?
May the bridges you burn light your way
didnothingfatal

I'm riding a fixed wheel, high vis is way too uncool! ;) Seriously though yeah, yellow vest with a reflective glass impregnated pattern, I'll soon be lit up more than the christmas tree.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Wide reflective ankle straps are a good thing too. Assuming you're peddling they keep moving and so catch drivers attention.

As mentioned a pair of out-of-sync rear lights work well too. I always ensure commuting lights spread plenty of light sideways too, the old Lumi glow rings were perfect for that.

Keep safe.
didnothingfatal

Anybody tried the Night Vision clothing? Somewhere in the shed I have one of those Cateye lights that is like a grenade, must rummage through some boxes!
didnothingfatal

So in the interests of being seen and not hit; Front = Hope Vision Two with Vision One as backup, Joystick mounted to helmet, Rear = Exposure Red Eye and Flare, then I lost the plot and went to a Hope District! So that's a slightly bright 200+ lumens of red light on the back of the bike! The glow is insane :shock: