Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

faustus

WTD: 27.5 boost rear wheel SORTED

Post by faustus »

Looking for a decent-ish 27.5 rear wheel, needs to be:

Boost 148x12
Shimano HG freehub (or swappable)
Not too garish colour!
Decent width, preferably over 25mm, ideally 30mm. 40mm+ wide for plus tyres won't fit intended frame or tyre choice.

Thanks
Last edited by faustus on Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redefined_cycles

Re: WTD: 27.5 boost rear wheel

Post by redefined_cycles »

Can you make a Hope Pro 2 EVO into boost tru axle. If so then I have a nice carbon (or is it black Kinlin) wide rim. On PRO EVO2 (actually, might be 4) and nice lightweight Sapim spokes. Currently on wither Shimano or DT ratchet drive freehub.
faustus

Post by faustus »

Thanks, not sure if they can be converted? I have to say i'm not really after a carbon rim but a kinlin rim might be good depending on internal width..?
redefined_cycles

About 35mm IIRC. Let me know if you manage to find info on converting and I can get you some pics etc.
Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

Hope Pro2 EVO and Pro 4 can both be converted from 135mm QR or 142mm thru to 148mm boost using the HUB493 conversion kit.

https://www.hopetech.com/_repository/1/ ... 23V3.1.pdf
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

It can indeed as i have done it
I used 142. mm end caps and an ebay boost kit. Done thousands of miles without issue

I have an alpkit set its 148 rear boost and boost front and dont want to split.
£100 + post for set up with tyres ( probably ramblers) set up tubeless
faustus

Post by faustus »

Thanks Lazarus, i'm still holding out for just the rear currently, and i've my eye on the Ribble wheelset currently on offer for £99 if I need to get a pair - thanks though.

Shaf - if you can confirm the hub and rim/rim internal diameter this does sound interesting so i'd be grateful for pictures. Looks like the conversion kit bearlegged linked to would work on Pro2 EVO or Pro4. Also, just checking it has HG freehub too?

Thanks!
redefined_cycles

Here we go Faustus. If you like what you see and are interested (sorry, it's the carbon HALO rim up back and the Kinlin front). Without tyres or tubeless valve (sorry) then it's yours for the price of a welded bolt (on a sheared siezed one via a mobile welder).

You pay postage and to make things more appealing. Second/front wheel can be had for another £50. Bearings are all smooth and nice. The marks on that carbon rim are superficial. Some gritting/marks to the Sapim spokes but only if you feel for it, or look carefully.

Also, half the money will go to (try and) feed the Palestinian Gazans. The other half will go to some displaced refugee families in Turkey (from Syria) with young kids. Hopefully make their eid go as nice as ours here.
redefined_cycles

https://imgur.com/gallery/LNXMvo7

Oh... postage goes straight to the Royal Mail people :-bd for completeness of info.
redefined_cycles

NB. Let me know if you want pics of the pawls/innards. All looks good. Freehub looks a bit bitten but my cassette came right off without issues- so the orientation in which I'd tightened it on obviously worked.
redefined_cycles

Sprry. Just realised the point... Inner width - 29.2. No recess.
redefined_cycles

Hi Faustus... You sorted for a wheel yet. I just opened another cupboard and out popped a DT Swiss M1700 wheelset. Front has been dismantled so rim only but rear is alive and kicking. It's an XD freehub and if you google it full specs can be found.

Smooth bearings. About 35mm internal width without measuring. Non carbon. Looks to be boost and was used on my Sonder Transmitter before the piece of whack broke! Let me know if you want pics and happy to accept offers...
faustus

Post by faustus »

Thanks for the heads-up Shaf, they sound great but I've just got a pair of bargain wheels sorted. :-bd
redefined_cycles

faustus wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:42 pm Thanks for the heads-up Shaf, they sound great but I've just got a pair of bargain wheels sorted. :-bd
:lol: i shoukd kick myself in the shin for not recalling that/them sooner. Glad you're sorted and that wheel can go back to hiding :-bd