Dales Divide anyone ?

Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

ton

Dales Divide anyone ?

Post by ton »

anyone doing the Dales divide this year ? thought i say a thread about it but cant find it.

i am on the list, but not sure i am up to riding the route, so may still go and do a quiet lane route of my own making. still fancy a few longinsh days on the bike.

anyone ?
whitestone

Re: Dales Divide anyone ?

Post by whitestone »

Cath and me are doing it. See you in Arnside
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
Johnallan

Post by Johnallan »

All being well. Lots of things trying to derail my riding at the moment but so far, that weekend is unaffected
Stinginglip

Post by Stinginglip »

I'm turning up Tony, be good for a catch up. Don't think I've bumped into you since YD300 when you were doing the YD200 Road ride.
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

I’ll be there too.
In Reverse

Post by In Reverse »

Overnight temps looking cold enough to allow me to talk myself out of doing it tbh :grin:
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

What date is it this year. I wonder whether next year I might be able to enter with in not falling in the fasting month. It's close enough (and rockhard enough) afterall...

Anyone that's doing this year... enjoy :-bd
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

redefined_cycles wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:25 am What date is it this year. I wonder whether next year I might be able to enter with in not falling in the fasting month. It's close enough (and rockhard enough) afterall...

It's always Easter weekend (to give four days to do it) Shaf so a bit like Ramadan it's a moveable feast :wink:
ton

Post by ton »

i am unfortunately out of this again.......my luck is fucking sub standard.
been to amsterdam with the wife for a short break, spent the last 48 hours locked up in our hotel room with a serious case of food poisoning or a stomache virus.
now dosed up on codeine to stop myself from shitting myself into oblivion.
cant see much bike riding for the foreseeable future.

have fun anyone having a go. weather looks ideal.
redefined_cycles

whitestone wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:45 pm
redefined_cycles wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:25 am What date is it this year. I wonder whether next year I might be able to enter with in not falling in the fasting month. It's close enough (and rockhard enough) afterall...

It's always Easter weekend (to give four days to do it) Shaf so a bit like Ramadan it's a moveable feast :wink:
Thanks Bob. Easter weekend. I'll remember that :grin:

Let me check the calender for next year (goes and checks the easter mondays and ramadhan dates for next year and the next).

Looks like 2025 might be a 'goer'. Curious how Easter Monday is the 1st of April one year (2024) then 21st the next (2025) but the 10th in between. Is it just randomly set or is there some structure to how the date comes around (excuse my Easter Monday ignorance soz).
redefined_cycles

ton wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 3:05 pm i am unfortunately out of this again.......my luck is fucking sub standard.
been to amsterdam with the wife for a short break, spent the last 48 hours locked up in our hotel room with a serious case of food poisoning or a stomache virus.
now dosed up on codeine to stop myself from shitting myself into oblivion.
cant see much bike riding for the foreseeable future.

have fun anyone having a go. weather looks ideal.
Ton... Don't forget to get youraelf some Diarolyte or similar to replace all the electrolytes being lost. Sorry to hear it.
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

redefined_cycles wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:44 pm Looks like 2025 might be a 'goer'. Curious how Easter Monday is the 1st of April one year (2024) then 21st the next (2025) but the 10th in between. Is it just randomly set or is there some structure to how the date comes around (excuse my Easter Monday ignorance soz).
Easter Sunday is the first Sunday after the first full Moon that occurs on or after the spring equinox (20/21 March). If the full Moon falls on a Sunday then Easter is the next Sunday.

Logical ain't it :roll:
redefined_cycles

Thanks Bob. I've always been a bit perplexed about that date. I now know :-bd Feeling empowered (agency staff love knowing when the bank hols are... just in case a shift miraculously appears :smile: ).