Scottish Winter Bivvy 10/12/22

Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

fatbikephil

Re: Scottish Winter Bivvy 10/12/22

Post by fatbikephil »

:-bd
Great Stuff Jimmy, well done for all of that, I think a wee BAM award might be heading your way (virtually that is :grin: )
I'm really feeling I dodged a bullet as whilst I might have made it over on the Saturday, there is no way I would have got back! That said, a small part of me wishes I pushed on....
Sorry to hear about the fat bike getting nicked - I'll keep an eye on fleabay or gumtree for it...
JimmyG

Post by JimmyG »

Thanks Phil. I remember thinking in the midst of all that snowfall that, as bad as things were, at least I was at relatively low level and not suffering a whole lot more up in the hills. Rest assured you did the right thing mate!
One day, you’ll wake up and there won't be any more time to do the thing you always wanted to do. Do it now. – Paolo Coelho
RIP

Post by RIP »

It would be all too easy to gloss over these amazing Scottish adventures with a "well they're rock hard and used to it" but some seriously challenging situations being overcome there. One salutes your fortitude gentlemen.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
JimmyG

Post by JimmyG »

Thanks but that's way too kind of you Reg. Moving swiftly on, it's hard to believe a week has already passed since those shenanigans in the snow. I've a feeling my January BAM will be a less complicated affair, though. :grin:
One day, you’ll wake up and there won't be any more time to do the thing you always wanted to do. Do it now. – Paolo Coelho