Calder divide this week anyone ?

Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

outonmybike

Re: Calder divide this week anyone ?

Post by outonmybike »

Johnallan wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:47 am Glad to see you're making plans for next year Adrian, it really was a great event so I'll be looking forward to next year's extended route.

Pleased to see I look as awkward as ever on the website :lol: I imagine you needed the rest more than I needed the pie :grin:
Hi John

That's a cracking picture of you. Big smile. Holding a lovely new patch. Hopefully this one doesn't go in your bottom draw!

I earnt a green badge by completing the route - all three of them over different weekends - and its on the bookshelf in my front. But I didn't manage to do the long route in under 24 hours. Maybe next year?

I reckon the 165 route will really suit you and the other endurance riders. The key difference it that form the community centre starts by heading west so you get to see those lovely moors above Summit and over Hades Hill and Thievely Pike in the daylight.

The 'black' gravel/mtb 165 starts by going up Spencer Lane. I've been nosey and seen you've been up that and taken a lovely photo of the cobbles. Could I use that on the website?

Cheers
Adrian