Two Islabikes

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Retiredtester

Two Islabikes

Post by Retiredtester »

My two kids have finally outgrown their Islabikes, so it's time to move them on. Both are in decent condition, but have a few scrapes and marks (see photos). They're both spot on mechanically and have had a good clean & tweak. I'm in Seaford on the south coast and inspection is welcome. Collection preferred, but I'd consider posting for whatever it costs, provided I can find boxes. By all means let me know if you think the pricing is way off.

Beinn 20" Large (age 6+) £200

Aluminium frame & cro-mo fork, 7 speed grip-shift gearing, v brakes and the usual assortment of very well thought out and proportionately-sized componentry. Current model retails at £400. I replaced the tyres with Schwalbe Blackjacks and this made it a lot more bridle path friendly. One of the original Kenda road tyres and a set of silver mudguards is included. My averagely-sized kids both used this between the ages of 6 and 9 (10 in the case of the boy, with an extra long seat-post!).

Luath 26" (age 9+) £250

Aluminium frame & cro-mo fork, 8 speed STI-style gearing, canti brakes and a very similar assortment of well thought out and proportionately-sized componentry. Current disc-equipped model retails at £700. I replaced the tyres on this with Schwalbe CX Pros and this made it a lot better off road and suitable for CX racing. The original saddle (included) has a a small tear, so I've replaced it with a slightly larger brand new Boardman. The original Kenda road tyres are also included. My daughter used this between the ages of 9 and 12.