Running gaiters, anyone use them?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

techno

Running gaiters, anyone use them?

Post by techno »

In wet conditions i find I'm constantly annoyed by bits of mud and stone flicked into my riding shoes.
Does anyone use running/ debris gaiters to avoid this?

Ta.
Mark E

Re: Running gaiters, anyone use them?

Post by Mark E »

I do sometimes and they work pretty well. They also stop water running off your waterproof trousers into your shoes when it is really wet, which is also pretty handy.
techno

Post by techno »

mje25 wrote:I do sometimes and they work pretty well. They also stop water running off your waterproof trousers into your shoes when it is really wet, which is also pretty handy.
Ok, thanks for that. Which do you use?
Ron Thomson

Post by Ron Thomson »

https://www.outdoorresearch.com/us/en/s ... 3690001016

Light and doesn't have the undershoe strap that gets trashed if there is extensive HAB. I've used a pair for bikepacking for the last year and I'm ready for a new pair. ymmv
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

I have a tiny pair of 'em which rarely get brought out. I will however use them when I want to keep the neoprene around the top of my MT80's dry when it's getting biblical. Look for Trekmates Glenmore GTX.

Greetz

S.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I have some Innov8 Trail gaiter things. They're meant to keep stones and the like from getting in your shoes which they do but as a flat pedal user, the soles of my shoes don't have a heel so the elastic strap underneath soon gets destroyed.
May the bridges you burn light your way
techno

Post by techno »

Bearbonesnorm wrote:I have some Innov8 Trail gaiter things. They're meant to keep stones and the like from getting in your shoes which they do but as a flat pedal user, the soles of my shoes don't have a heel so the elastic strap underneath soon gets destroyed.
I thought that would be the case, I think I'll mod mine with Velcro tabs
Mariner

Post by Mariner »

Mountain Warehouse Gaiters both high and low but only when on sale.
I only wear them in foul weather to stop my boots from filling up with run off from my full length water proofs.
The only other time I wish I had them on is after a tussock yomp when the dry grass ends weave themselves into my socks
just above the ankles and also in the cuff on the top of my boots so at some point on a pedal stroke they stick into me.
Zazen - nothing happens next this is it.