Sonder Broken Road. Any owners out there?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Polisherman

Sonder Broken Road. Any owners out there?

Post by Polisherman »

Since Sonder did a few alterations to the frame recently, this has become my (near) perfect bikepacking and general xc bike. As such the boss has given me the green light to buy one this weekend!!

I’m dithering about size though. At 5′ 10″ 32″ leg (such an awkward height) I’m slap bang between med/large. There are no built up demo. bikes apparently and as there’s a sale this weekend, I’ve got to decide….

So it’s a 17.5″ or 18.5″, with a reach of 430 or 455. My Genesis Tarn is 440, so I think with a pair of Jones bars fitted then it’ll be a Large that I go for….

Just hope it doesn’t feel like a gate!
macinblack

Re: Sonder Broken Road. Any owners out there?

Post by macinblack »

Can't help but I intend treating myself after Christmas. Did have a look at the new V2 frame at their HQ, lovely thing. I'm weird sizing too, 6' with 29" inner leg. They are longer reach than something like a transmitter but the geometry is more sit up.

Would also be interested in anyone's experience.
wriggles

Re: Sonder Broken Road. Any owners out there?

Post by wriggles »

Couldn't you buy both sizes. Have a good look and measure them up against your existing bike and send back the one you don't need. I'm sure if you spoke to Alpkit they wouldn't mind?