Extender sprocket

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

AndyTheBikeGuy

Extender sprocket

Post by AndyTheBikeGuy »

Lack of forethought has brought up a tricky issue. I recently bought a Ramin 3+ and it's a cracker, my only issue was the big sprocket just wasn't quite big enough, so I bought an Uber bike 40t extender with the hope to just pop one of the middle cogs out and move everything down. However it turns out that the top 8 are all rivetted together and only the 13 and 11 are removable, I want to keep the 11 but as it is recessed into the 13 I cant just lose the 13. Any advice on how to keep the 40t and the 11t or should I just get a wide range cassette?

Cheers,
Andy
PaulB

Re: Extender sprocket

Post by PaulB »

Sell the extender and buy a SunRace cassette. That way you don't get any big gaps just sensible increments. Simple.
sbcoombs

Re: Extender sprocket

Post by sbcoombs »

PaulB wrote:Sell the extender and buy a SunRace cassette. That way you don't get any big gaps just sensible increments. Simple.
Far better idea than an extender. If you want to go even cheaper, I bought a Sunshine cassette off eBay to test if my roadlink would work with 40 teeth. I didn't expect to keep it but it actually changes gear well for what was a very cheap cassette.