Quilt for a 13 yr old

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

middleagedmadness

Quilt for a 13 yr old

Post by middleagedmadness »

Anybody got any experiences with M.E helium quilt hasn't got the fill power of a cumulus but they are putting " a good night's sleep at 5c" ,looking for a quilt for the young fella as he doesn't get on with bags ,or am I better getting him a cumulus 250 ,he's a bit fair weather at the moment so can't seem him using it any later than October
Cheers
Stuart
Bearbonesnorm

Re: Quilt for a 13 yr old

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I've no direct experience of the Helium quilt but on paper it looks okay. The spec indicates that it won't be as warm as a Cumulus 250 ... lower fp, stitch through and less insulation. However, if you off-set that against the price and you think it'll be warm enough for him, then it looks fine.
May the bridges you burn light your way
middleagedmadness

Cheers stu , thinking I may just take the hit on the cost of the Cumulus now ,and I can use it over my bag through the winter,what's more annoying is bought him a helium bivy last week and had a email today from another company that they have them at £50 cheaper , that's 25 pints in my local :cry:
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Send the more expensive one back?
middleagedmadness

ScotRoutes wrote:Send the more expensive one back?
This is a option but I bought it a what I thought was a decent price £145 compared to most sites ,and although in theory I'm out of pocket I don't believe that's a good enough reason to send it back when it's fit for purpose and I was happy enough until I got the email today ,if I sold a truck on and the buyer was happy to pay the price if it was brought back with out any problems and just because Joe blogs a couple of weeks later was selling the identical truck cheaper ,the customer would be told to go f@#£k right off ,maybe it's just me but I always tend to look at both sides and just because it's become cheaper else where isn't a reason to return it , just means less pints this month
javatime

Post by javatime »

That is very cheap beer. Where is your local ?
middleagedmadness

javatime wrote:That is very cheap beer. Where is your local ?
You do need a pair of overalls and your own spit bowl when you go in ,that's black country pubs for ya
Steezysix

Post by Steezysix »

they have them at £50 cheaper , that's 25 pints in my local :cry:
Tell him it's coming out of his pocket money.
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

middleagedmadness wrote:
You do need a pair of overalls and your own spit bowl when you go in ,that's black country pubs for ya
the Norfolk Arms on the Peak/Sheffield border has a £2 a pint beer on mondays and tuesdays. Worth knowing if you are planning a trip to the area :wink:

Plenty of good riding and bivy spots near by too :-bd
middleagedmadness

ianfitz wrote:
middleagedmadness wrote:
the Norfolk Arms on the Peak/Sheffield border has a £2 a pint beer on mondays and tuesdays. Worth knowing if you are planning a trip to the area :wink:

Plenty of good riding and bivy spots near by too :-bd
Mr Fitz that may be a plan a bit later in the year just need to check which month I'm working weekends :-bd