PSA: 25% off OS "active" maps

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Asposium

PSA: 25% off OS "active" maps

Post by Asposium »

Until 1st Oct there is 25% off OS active (i.e. laminated) maps at the OS website. :-bd

Add to the basket and the discount is automatically added to the order.

And, there is quidco cashback.

Ordered four paper maps for WRT planning. :cool: :grin:
RIP

Re: PSA: 25% off OS "active" maps

Post by RIP »

Ta for that, might go and have a nosy. Normally get from dash4it. Obv very handy those Active maps for lovely Welsh Wales Weather, means they're not just "single use" like normal ones :wink:. I don't suffer from electronic navigation but since you get freebie downloads (using the scratch-n-sniff 12 letter code) it seemed rude not to put them on my phone. Trouble is they're big, so after downloading I realised you had to "discard" them. Had a flap that I'd lose them but of course "download" magically brings them back again as many times as you need.

"WRT planning"?? Blimey that's proactive, very impressive :-bd . Anyway, surely the idea is to sort one's WRT "plan" out the moment one rides into Stu's yard on April 29th :lol:. Or even better, as you ride out of his yard.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
psling

Post by psling »

Asposium wrote:
Ordered four paper maps for WRT planning. :cool: :grin:
RIP wrote:
"WRT planning"?? Blimey that's proactive, very impressive :-bd . Anyway, surely the idea is to sort one's WRT "plan" out the moment one rides into Stu's yard on April 29th :lol:. Or even better, as you ride out of his yard.
Well, 4 maps should just about cover half of Stu's potential grid points! :cool:
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
Asposium

Post by Asposium »

psling wrote:Well, 4 maps should just about cover half of Stu's potential grid points! :cool:
:grin:
I did ask what maps were recommended.
Can always buy more next year WHEN needed

Whilst I use a Garmin Montana with full OS on the bike, it is nice planning with maps on the floor and a marker pen
psling

Post by psling »

Asposium wrote:
Whilst I use a Garmin Montana with full OS on the bike, it is nice planning with maps on the floor and a marker pen
It certainly is. I'm from the same school as Reg, proper maps can provide loads of fun. 1:50000 down on the floor for the overview then 1:25000 for the detailed view. Laminated maps can be a bit bulky out in the backwoods but held open in a good breeze make a good sail....
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
RIP

Post by RIP »

"same school as Reg" - fantastic! St Albans Boys Grammar yeah? 1970-1977? Do you remember that right b@stard Geography teacher? We didn't call him "Bullet" for nothing. And "Aggro Smith" the French master. Oh, and "Genghis Khan" the Cookery guy. Bit of a thread running through the nicknames - summed the place up. Although we never could work out what "Tinkerbell" the PE bloke was all about.

:wink:

PS> "Psling" is an interesting name too, "Peter from Sling"? Must get over to Dean again sometime, fascinating place.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

psling

Post by psling »

RIP wrote:
PS> "Psling" is an interesting name too, "Peter from Sling"? Must get over to Dean again sometime, fascinating place.
Strangely enough I do actually live quite close to a place called Sling although that has nothing to do with my monica. Always willing to show people around my patch (at a leisurely pace as befits a man whose school years appear to be not dissimilar to yours) if you're ever heading this way.
RIP

Post by RIP »

Thanks Peter, might take you up on that at some point. Me lad lives in Cardiff now, easy enough to temporarily bail from the train at Chepstow/Lydney on way there/back.