Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Fat tyre kicker

Re: BareBones Fatfighters - The weigh in

Post by Fat tyre kicker »

Updated now, put on, Still no riding :roll:
gairym

Post by gairym »

Gairy Mannion - Target weight: 90kg (and eventually lower)

Start weight -01-01-2017:

110kg

09-01-2017:

108.9kg

16-01-2017:

107.8kg

23-01-2017:

107.2kg

31-01-2017:

108.4kg

21-02-2017

106.5kg

Hurray for getting ill!!!

After a few weeks of being very slack with my eating and not entirely laying off the booze while we've had mates out staying I wasn't looking forward to my next weigh-in.

But.....luckily for me I got an 'orrible bug/virus and have spent the last few days in bed eating nowt and expelling lots.

That coupled with an increase in mileage (first century of the year last Thursday) means that my downwards trend continues.....

Hopefully be well enough for another century this week and redoubling my efforts on the food/drink front.
bearlymoving

Post by bearlymoving »

Checking in for the fortnightly update… I'm 83.2kg, a drop of 100g. Go me. I had actually lost a respectable amount, but then I went out and got smashed at the weekend, got the munchies, and ate 2 bowls of pasta before I went to bed.
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

I put on 2kg in a day on Tuesday... though it was done pretty much intentionally.

I never considered doing it with two bowls of pasta though. :lol:
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Although not officially involved, my on going 'experiments' have resulted in another 2lb loss this week. That now puts me at the same weight I started the T-N at. The lightest I've probably ever been in 20 years is 10st 10lb - to get there I'll need to shed another 4lb but I think I might aim for 10st 7lb to see how I feel.

Keep it up everyone and don't give in to those temptations - you'll be glad come spring :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Nice. :-bd
Dr Nick

Post by Dr Nick »

http://bearbonesbikepacking.co.uk/phpBB ... 94#p106394

Updated with latest figure. Downward trend continues.

Not sure the next 2 weeks will be easy. Unexpected elderly relative bereavement means lots of to'ing and fro'ing between Oxfordshire and Sussex to sort stuff out, have to try and avoid the temptation of take-aways...

keep at it all :-bd
Not so much a gravel grinder.... more a gravel (mud and tarmac) groveller...
Ian

Post by Ian »

Probably not going to get near any scales before Sunday. Have been away with work and then on holiday, so it's anyone's guess where I am.

I have, however, finished reading "Eat Bacon, Don't Jog". Good book - very thought provoking and makes some compelling observations on diet, nutrition, exercise and fuelling.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I have, however, finished reading "Eat Bacon, Don't Jog". Good book - very thought provoking and makes some compelling observations on diet, nutrition, exercise and fuelling.
Thought you might enjoy it.
Ian

Post by Ian »

Have you read it yet, Stu?
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Yep, I bought myself a copy after seeing yours. It does make for interesting reading but I think you need to approach it with an open mind and try and forget everything you've being told over the previous 20 odd years. His previous book's worth a read too.
NorwayCalling

Post by NorwayCalling »

Keep it up folks it weigh in week!

Update my original post - 0.3kg down this past 2 weeks which (considering) I am happy with. Sill going in the right direction at least.

Graph this weekend, so get those updates in folks.....

Mike.
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Added my weights in, just for you. :P
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

Well a week in Finland, a day's racing and a week doing slightly less than the lazy end of fek all have resulted in a 1Kg loss :-bd

Original post updated http://bearbonesbikepacking.co.uk/phpBB ... 70#p106370

Weight: 85Kg
BMI: 26.2

I'd dropped quite a bit over the course of the race - by the time we got home I was back "up to" 83.5Kg - and was expecting the usual rebound but I seem to have managed that OK.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
NorwayCalling

Post by NorwayCalling »

WEEK 8 RESULTS ARE HERE!

Thanks for all those who have kept at it and keep posting! Numbers are dropping off (as expected) but you are doing this for yourself and if you want to succeed in you goals, having all of us keeping you focused helps!

Remember week 10 has a mystery prize for one lucky member of the Fat Fighters club (you will be eligible if you have posted at least 3 times in the 10 week period).

ImageBBB_fatfighters_week8 by Dr. Jekyll, on Flickr
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

OMG I'm on a graph.... no pressure.
Not well with a very strange pulled jaw/cheek/face ache muscle which with the intense pain is stopping sleeping and I'm not riding atm as the cold air won't help it.
So I'm comfort eating Costco's monster Carrot Cake and I don't care.
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

Sorry Norway, will be later today before I get home to scales, been away since Wednesday, trying to deal with a renovation. I'll get a weigh in this afternoon, but I'm not sure I'm heading in the right direction :cry:

@ JC. Don't give in, repeat must resist, must resist :wink:
Fat tyre kicker

Post by Fat tyre kicker »

John...at your size and fitness, a bit of carrot cake won't do you any harm,
Probably good for the soul, I know how you feel though, I've not been out for
Nearly 4 weeks now with a stupid duff leg :|
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

Heh...I need to get with the programme and get my values in on time. 68.5 - 69Kg...probably somewhere in between....tricky to see on the ancient analogue scales. Very little riding...too many cookies. I guess I'd better sort that. If it's really sitting on the 68.5 side of things, with one decent trip to the loo I'd probably be right on the 67.5 I've been sitting on.

Trackback: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9019&start=300#p110873

Greetz

S.
Ian

Post by Ian »

Weighed myself this morning at 68kg, which although only 100g lighter than two weeks ago, follows two weeks of no cycling and little other structured exercise and a high fat diet.
Went for a ride on the singlespeed this morning and felt great.
Read into that what you will :wink:
godivatrailrider

Post by godivatrailrider »

Bearbonesnorm wrote:
Yep, I bought myself a copy after seeing yours. It does make for interesting reading but I think you need to approach it with an open mind and try and forget everything you've being told over the previous 20 odd years. His previous book's worth a read too.
The cycling one? Just Ride or some such. He said in Eat Bacon, "don't ride for exercise, ride for the love of it" ... has made me enjoy cycling more ;)
I've also bought and read Gary Taubes "Why we get fat" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Why-We-Get-Fat ... 0307474259 very interesting read !
godivatrailrider

Post by godivatrailrider »

godivatrailrider wrote:
godivatrailrider wrote:Martin
01/01/17
Initial Goal ? anything starting with 15st would be good...... 14st something would be vaguely exciting

17st 6.8lb :???:
17th Jan - 17.3.4 (was 17.6.0 on 16th)
23rd Jan - 17.2.6
30th Jan - 16.13.4
6th Feb - 16.11.2
13th Feb - 16.8.6
20th Feb - 16.8.6
27th Feb - 16.7.8 ..... was 16.5.8 last Thursday .... then the weekend went to ratsh!t :)
Great gig Friday night in Brum ...Me First & the Gimme Gimmes.... gotta have a few beers at a gig ....
Saturday - Wales -Scotland in the pub with my Welsh father-in-law and English Bro-in-law .... Wetherspoons with a stunning array of beers.... then onto a friends house for a curry and more beer. I was as good as possible, my 'curry' was tandoori lamb, just the sauceless meat, and the salad that no one else wanted.... no rice , poppapoms or naan .

So I'm quite pleased with a pound off :)

I've stuck with my self imposed Pressup Challenge too ...
Jan ... I set myself a target of 400 Pressups for the month .... I struggled with 10 at the start. I managed 925 for the month.
Feb ... I set a target of 1400 .... I completed them a couple of days ago.... looking at 1700 for a 4 week Feb. Doing 60 a day , 30 in the morning , 30 at night.
March .... I think I'll aim for 2100. ... that'll have to be 70 a day.
Definitely feel better for doing it... takes a minute of so and needs no equipment :)
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

The cycling one? Just Ride or some such
That's the one. Depending on your current views, it certainly makes you question a few things you presently might 'believe'. Whether he's right or wrong, it makes you think and that can only be a good thing :wink:
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

godivatrailrider wrote:I've stuck with my self imposed Pressup Challenge too ...
I do something similar with pullups. It's amazing how many you can get done if you throw in a few every 45 mins or something like that.

Unrelated, just hit lowest ever recorded body fat (and body weight, again). Hopefully not far to go now.
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

Apologies for the delay, 73.6 this morning.
Link to original post:
http://bearbonesbikepacking.co.uk/phpBB ... 9&p=106599#

Only a little disappointed given what's been going on in the background (lots of stress) which (together with rubbish weather) led to a general lack of motivation for cycling (so exercise way down). On the other hand, background stuff is mostly sorted, the sun is shining and later I'll be going out for only my second bike ride this month and tomorrow bivvy a month beckons :grin: