Your ideal handlebar?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

techno

Re: Your ideal handlebar?

Post by techno »

macinblack wrote:
ScotRoutes wrote:
macinblack wrote:I often place my finger and thumb around the brake lever housing for a bit of respite. Maybe some kind of spur around there?
TOGS?
https://togs.com/

I was going to suggest bar ends that can be clamped on without having to be slid along the bars (e.g. a hinged or two-piece clamp). That way they could be fitted anywhere inboard. They could also be fitted to the front loop on a Jones/similar bar.
Not Togs but a bar end inboard is what I mean, though I suppose I could use an accessory bar, as they hinge to fit. I suppose a short spur like a shortened bar end is what I meant.
Maybe these would do: https://www.sq-lab.com/shop/en/New-prod ... s-411.html
macinblack

Post by macinblack »

techno mail wrote:
macinblack wrote:
ScotRoutes wrote:
macinblack wrote:I often place my finger and thumb around the brake lever housing for a bit of respite. Maybe some kind of spur around there?
TOGS?
https://togs.com/

I was going to suggest bar ends that can be clamped on without having to be slid along the bars (e.g. a hinged or two-piece clamp). That way they could be fitted anywhere inboard. They could also be fitted to the front loop on a Jones/similar bar.
Not Togs but a bar end inboard is what I mean, though I suppose I could use an accessory bar, as they hinge to fit. I suppose a short spur like a shortened bar end is what I meant.
Maybe these would do: https://www.sq-lab.com/shop/en/New-prod ... s-411.html
Ooh, yes, just about exactly what I mean - Cheers.

In fact - Ordered!
techno

Post by techno »

My work here is done :ugeek:
benp1

Post by benp1 »

Some togs and inner bar ends that split open so I don't have to remove grips and controls to fit them
Richpips

Post by Richpips »

Thanks, some great ideas there.
FLV

Post by FLV »

ScotRoutes wrote:I've been on the lookout for something swept, but not the extreme that Jones Loops have. Around 12 or 16 degrees. Shouldn't look out of place on my AM/trail bike so no 30mm/45mm rise either (that would raise them too high). So far I've only found SQ Lab 30X and Syntace Vectors. Both are a bit spendy to try as an experiment.
Me too.
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

I'm not sure if I would like the extreme sweep of the Jones, but recently been thinking of trying a pair of the On One OG's. So something like that degree of sweep but with a loop in place at a good price would be something I would defeninately be willing to experiment with.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Anyone other than me think the OG bars work very well upside down?
May the bridges you burn light your way
Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

I'm generally pretty happy with the Midge/Bombers shape.
I know quite a few people would like a longer extension for the drops, but I've never felt the need to the extent I'd bother changing my current bars. Maybe a teeny bit wider at the hoods would be good?
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

FLV wrote:
ScotRoutes wrote:I've been on the lookout for something swept, but not the extreme that Jones Loops have. Around 12 or 16 degrees. Shouldn't look out of place on my AM/trail bike so no 30mm/45mm rise either (that would raise them too high). So far I've only found SQ Lab 30X and Syntace Vectors. Both are a bit spendy to try as an experiment.
Me too.
Cool. You buy some and let me try them?
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

There's the new Surly Terminal bar - looks similar in sweep to the On-One Mary, 34deg, but is wider. Rise of 40mm. A loop on the front of something like that might be interesting
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
FLV

Post by FLV »

ScotRoutes wrote:
FLV wrote:
Me too.
Cool. You buy some and let me try them?
Sure*
12 or 16 degrees? Carbon or Al?

*not actually happening :-)
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

by Bearbonesnorm » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:31 am

Anyone other than me think the OG bars work very well upside down
Weirdo.

I got a pre-production alu pair with no branding so I could have been using them upside down all along.
I find the carbon ones work inside out, they really make the trail come alive. :-bd