Driver psychology, 1 answer to road space? (MYOG content)

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

jameso

Re: Driver psychology, 1 answer to road space? (MYOG content

Post by jameso »

^ interesting. The bike or whether I have bags attached hasn't made any difference that I've noticed, but panniers, I can see that being similar. Widens the bike from the rear, I think that's key to it actually, as well as maybe changing the perceived personality of the rider.

Pleased to note that other riders going the other way, including bunches of roadies, tend to be friendlier towards a rider with a handlebar streamer. Some roadies even smile and wave rather than the clubman finger wave. That's new :lol:
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Has anyone else noticed 'better behaviour' displayed towards a solo rider than when in a group - even a small one?

One the subject of streamers, I used to know a bloke who raced DH, always with kiddies bar streamers attached ... he also generally raced in wellies :-bd
May the bridges you burn light your way
johnb

Post by johnb »

TheBrownDog wrote:Sam of this parish puts his dog in the back of his cargo bike and gets more space, time and respect than he does when he carries his kids. Go figure.
I get a lot more space when I am using the dog trailer and more again when the dog is running beside me. I am thinking of putting a sign on the back of the trailer to get even more space. "Puppies on board".
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

AlexGold wrote:
Richard G wrote:Yeah, I liked that projected line idea. Was pretty damn expensive though.
I'm not going to say I'm sure this works as well as the (clearly photoshopped) example picture, but maybe worth a try?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Laser-5-LE ... Sw4DJYmuIT
I had a similar one and it did produce that effect, whilst it worked.....