Alpamayo Designs

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

polarcherry

Alpamayo Designs

Post by polarcherry »

Just wanted to give a big thumbs up to the guys at http://www.alpamayodesigns.com and their great kit.

Always been a Revelate man for my kit and still got a custom frame bag from the Epic designs days

Bought an Alpamayo fully waterproof harness bag for my recent touring trip to Slovenia and Northern Italy to hold my camera kit safe. it's a great bit of kit, roomy, fully assessable while riding yet completely waterproof to heavy rain with no need for a drybag.

While I was away my Revelate Harness gave up the ghost, as the bar stitching came away from two of the mounting parts (after only a couple of tours) and the cable management was never great on my monstercross.

So I've now ordered an Alpamayo harness last week. Hugely impressed with the design and little well thought out details and it seems to be built like a tank.

No association with the company but just putting the word out for a great small company, who don't seem to get a too many mentions.

Top helpful guys on email too :-bd
journeyman

Re: Alpamayo Designs

Post by journeyman »

Do you think the harness will fit ok to jones loop bars? (I cant see why not) Timely post as Ive have been looking at the various options of harnesses to replace my handlebar bag. It only just managed to survive the last trip due to some trail magic in the form of bailer twine!
polarcherry

Post by polarcherry »

Not sure as I've never owned a Jones bar, but drop them an email, like I say top guys and you speak to the owner
JamesT

Post by JamesT »

Yes I'm also a fan of Alpamayo, bought a partial frame bag for my AWOL, it's really well made , good quality and seems pretty tough - importantly they are a really helpful and friendly company to deal with - they sent me out an L - and XL so I could 'try it on' - really helpful I will be back for other kit .
Steezysix

Post by Steezysix »

Same here, bought one if their top tube bags, way better than my Alpkit one. My friend bought a front and back harness from them and they lent him a bunch of different drybags to try out for size. Seem like a good bunch of guys.
polarcherry

Post by polarcherry »

Glad I'm not the only one :cool:
Al

Post by Al »

Bought a top tube bag - fantastic quality. Met Paul at WRT shortly afterwards and ended up riding with him. The story behind them is really interesting- great kit, great people to deal with, couldn't recommend them enough.
mountainbaker

Post by mountainbaker »

+1 for Alpamayo, I got one of their partial frame bags for my Pickenflick, and it's really really well made, well thought out design, and it arrived very quickly. Not overpriced either, like a lot of bags seem to be IMO.
jam bo

Post by jam bo »

+1

we used their stuff in iceland. by far the most solid bits of kit we used.

http://www.alpamayodesigns.com/index.php/blog/Iceland/

I have a custom made frame bag and a top tube bag for my bandit.