Some nice photos of Scotland and bikes...

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

ianfitz

Some nice photos of Scotland and bikes...

Post by ianfitz »

This is worth a look - http://www.pinkbike.com/news/components ... -2016.html

they do use the word epic in the title :roll: . But I will forgive them as the photos are nice to look at!
Bearbonesnorm

Re: Some nice photos of Scotland and bikes...

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Now, it leaves me wondering how they managed to carry things like sleeping bags, petrol stove, tent and coffee press in those 15l packs? ... genius packing :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

Bearbonesnorm wrote:Now, it leaves me wondering how they managed to carry things like sleeping bags, petrol stove, tent and coffee press in those 15l packs? ... genius packing :wink:

At least they didn't have a 2kg wheel of camembert cheese like that gravel riding video from a while back!
Gari

Post by Gari »

Half full(empty) 15ltr packs even! and those thermarests pack down pretty well these days too :roll:
Watched the video this morning and was thinking much the same, nice trip, not quite what it appeared me thinks. Was a long advert in fairness.
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

I only just watched the video as it didn't play on my work PC.

The pictures are lovely though! one is taken from a car which is following a Landy with a bike trailer - I think that explains how all the kit arrived!
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

I've got news for you guys - those spaceships in Star Wars? They're not real....
Mart

Post by Mart »

I wouldn't be leaving the bothy window open If I was them, the midgies will get in, oh and looks like their tarp skills could do with sharpening up
Nice scenery though :-bd
2924 miles per Gallon
99percentchimp

Post by 99percentchimp »

Nice photos..... great scenery. But.....
Conquistador of the pointless
https://www.flickr.com/photos/99percentchimp/
ZeroDarkBivi

Post by ZeroDarkBivi »

Cracking Images. I expect there was not too much demand on the Di2 battery with only a rear derailleur and lots of 'down-time' during the long HAB sections. Considered Di2 but main advantage is when running a FD, when it can automatically select the best F/R combo for the next shift. SRAM 1x11 just works, if you can live with the limited range.
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Interesting seeing how deep the loch na sealga crossing was - much more than what was reported in May.

Shimano seems to be desperate to convince people that Di2 is fine for endurace stuff - they gave a set to Mike Hall for the TD and Lael wilcox for the Trans Am and now this. I don't get it, it may be an advantage in the pro peleton but for most people, especially bikepackers, its just something more to go wrong and be unfixable. I can see them dropping cable shift on XT and XTR in the near future and this is to convince us thats not a problem but there is no way I would add something to my bike that needs charging up in order to make it go. Cables work and are idiot proof so why do we need this uneccessarry tech just to flog us more junk....
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

htrider wrote:........ especially bikepackers, its just something more to go wrong and be unfixable.
As you say more things to go wrong, and one shot the rear mech was totally underwater, would it still work after this?

Should someone tell Shimano that most of is are still running with Avid cable pull BB7's?