Easter 3 day trip in the sun anyone?

Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

pistonbroke

Easter 3 day trip in the sun anyone?

Post by pistonbroke »

Mrs PB is returning to the UK for a wedding over the Easter w/e so I'm home alone in southern Catalunya. I'm doing a shakedown ride in prep for the CAT700 in June which will be this http://www.pedalesdelosports.org if anyone is interested in joining me, I can collect them from Barcelona or Reus airport in the morning on Thursday 24th march, returning in the evening of Easter Monday. To get a feel for the challenge if your Spanish is a bit rusty, click on ETAPAS and 3dias to get a distance and elevation profile and Itinerario to see the map. The aim is to travel fairly light and bivvy/camp near the mountain refuges on route to avoid carrying loads of food. PM me if you need further info, btw Mrs PB is flying with Ryan air to Manchester, we booked 3days ago and return is £60. Norwegian air is currently the cheapest but they only fly from Stanstead or Birmingham to barca, jet2 and Thomson fly to Reus. Also if you're 5'8 to 6' I can probably find you a bike if you don't want to bring your own.
Cheers
pistonbroke

Re: Easter 3 day trip in the sun anyone?

Post by pistonbroke »

http://www.wikiloc.com/wikiloc/view.do?id=1856926 more pics and route download for anyone who's interested.
Chew

Post by Chew »

Oooh....

May take you up on the offer Duncan.

I'll have a look at flights etc later
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

You'll be more than welcome Matthew, there's an 18" Lurcher with your name on it if you want. Seems a long time ago that I gave you a lift to your first WRT.
lobodelpozo

Post by lobodelpozo »

Hi. I´m new here
Are you going to do the CAT700?
I did it last year and this one I repeat it again
I would love to go with you on Easter but it´s imposible in that time for my
I hope to see you before the CAT700!!

Do you know if someone is interested in CAT700 race??
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

Yes I am planning to do the CAT700, the finish is close to where I live near El Perello. Are you living in the UK? I could not do last year's event as we only moved to Catalunya in September 2015. If you are planning to be in the area before July it would be good to meet. I have some questions about the type of bike suitable for the CAT700, are the trails between Espot and Balaguer smooth enough to be ridden on a cyclocross bike or is a 29er the better option?
Mike

Post by Mike »

Shame it wasn't the start of the month I may of taken u up on this too.
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

Did a ride in this area yesterday which incorporated watching the finish of a stage of the Vuelta Valenciana which was won by Dan Martin. The scenery is truly stunning. Got to the finish line a while before the race came through but there happened to be a restaurant there serving a 3 course menu del dia lunch with wine and coffee for under a tenner :-bd dicing with the pros riding back down the stage after they had finished was interesting.