YD200 - who's in?

Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

ianfitz

YD200 - who's in?

Post by ianfitz »

It's not that far off now and I'd not seen anything about it here. Who is riding?
Taylor

Re: YD200 - who's in?

Post by Taylor »

I was, then my social secretary told me we were entertaining the barringtons.
So now I'm not.
Ian

Post by Ian »

Taylor wrote:I was, then my social secretary told me we were entertaining the barringtons.
So now I'm not.
Lol!

Nothing to do with me...
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

Taylor wrote:I was, then my social secretary told me we were entertaining the barringtons.
So now I'm not.
I'd imagine a fair proportion of the barringtons would be entertained by a couple of hundred kilometres of classic Yorkshire riding!
Stumpym4

Post by Stumpym4 »

I've just been looking at this , cant ride it as im working , but ive had the GPX file for a more leisurely ride early next year
Mike

Post by Mike »

Id like to but going to do it in oct possibly now instead. If it's anything like the 300 its gonna be tough going but lots of fun n some stunning trails :)
AlanG

Post by AlanG »

I'm going to be there. It's been dry all week up north so conditions should be great.
stucowp

Post by stucowp »

I was there the ground conditions were the best they could be for October we've had great weather for nearly 2 weeks. Buy yet now the forecast is changing for the bb200 oh dear!
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

stucowp wrote:I was there the ground conditions were the best they could be for October we've had great weather for nearly 2 weeks. Buy yet now the forecast is changing for the bb200 oh dear!
Good stuff stu. I had done family stuff that cropped up late on to mean I was a DNS.

What times did people ride?
stucowp

Post by stucowp »

I got round in 14 hours in first, then second was around 16hours I think Ben on here came in around 19hours there was a few folk spread right through the night think stu rider had a long night!

Top route really I'm not expecting the BB 200 to be that easy though! Was expecting you to come back for unfinished business!
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

stucowp wrote:I got round in 14 hours in first, then second was around 16hours I think Ben on here came in around 19hours there was a few folk spread right through the night think stu rider had a long night!

Top route really I'm not expecting the BB 200 to be that easy though! Was expecting you to come back for unfinished business!
I had entered and would have loved to have been in the group start but done family stuff cropped up late in the day. I'm planning on taking a sneaky day off work this, or next week and riding a solo effort.
stucowp

Post by stucowp »

The ground conditions are the best I have seen them at this time of year with the exception of a couple of bits you'll really enjoy! Oh and enjoy the never ending supply of gates! ;-)
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

stucowp wrote:The ground conditions are the best I have seen them at this time of year with the exception of a couple of bits you'll really enjoy! Oh and enjoy the never ending supply of gates! ;-)
Oh man I love gates. Started with an early trip round the Mary Townley Loop which has more gates per mile than any other known route in the uk*

Looking forwards to it. Looks like sometime Wednesday/Thursday/Friday should be a good break in the weather.

*may not be entirely accurate. But certainly feels like it!
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

Now Stuart, about your comment "I've not got much in my legs at the moment" :lol:
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

whitestone wrote:Now Stuart, about your comment "I've not got much in my legs at the moment" :lol:
That was after he'd finished, right?
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

ianfitz wrote:
whitestone wrote:Now Stuart, about your comment "I've not got much in my legs at the moment" :lol:
That was after he'd finished, right?
No :roll:

Mind you, I know what he's like so ... He'd be no good at poker that's for sure!
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

ianfitz wrote:
stucowp wrote:The ground conditions are the best I have seen them at this time of year with the exception of a couple of bits you'll really enjoy! Oh and enjoy the never ending supply of gates! ;-)
Oh man I love gates. Started with an early trip round the Mary Townley Loop which has more gates per mile than any other known route in the uk*

Looking forwards to it. Looks like sometime Wednesday/Thursday/Friday should be a good break in the weather.

*may not be entirely accurate. But certainly feels like it!
Had a ride round it on Thursday. Stunning day but hardly saw anyone out. Really enjoyed the route. Managed to resist the lure of several very nice looking cafes!

Good to pop in and see stu afterwards too.