Today's Run

Share your rides with us.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

GregMay

Re: Today's Run

Post by GregMay »

Moff wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 2:03 pm The Drop - Winchester
No Map, No Compass, No GPS!!
What a fantastic idea! I'm totally going to blag that and use it with our fellrunning club :)
GregMay

Post by GregMay »

Urban orienteering in Manchester yesterday, part of a 4 day series of races. 34 controls, 7.5km, 37mins. Brutally fast. Had a good run, pretty much perfect route (was supposed to be 7.6km best line) came 4th vet by 6 seconds (mildly annoying) and only 16th overall including the fast M21 runners. Happy with that.
GregMay

Post by GregMay »

Coiners fell race - 11km with 325m vet and a lot of fast trails that my legs can't handle at the moment! Started out hard (careful now) in order to get to the stile that always causes a bottle neck. Ran well up the next climb and flat before having a bit of a wobble along the climb to the Pike. Lost a place, but got it back on the next decent. Ploughed on trying to not stop before the final plunge into the finish line and a sprint away from another local. 1:06, which I'm happy with.

Legs were not recovered from Saturdays race!
Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

Made it all the way round the Round Sheffield Run route. 25km, a bit over 3h10m. There was a certain amount of walking, shuffling and stopping to inhale jelly beans. Approx. 10km more than I've ever done in one go before. Legs are now toast.
PaulE

Post by PaulE »

Bearlegged wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 3:06 pm Made it all the way round the Round Sheffield Run route. 25km, a bit over 3h10m. There was a certain amount of walking, shuffling and stopping to inhale jelly beans. Approx. 10km more than I've ever done in one go before. Legs are now toast.
Well done that man! It's a great route too, and I guess you can run it from the front door too!