Post by fatbikerbill »

Bargain (I think) courtesy of winstanley bikes

https://imgur.com/a/O7hHTH2

Can't get the image to appear!
Richard G

Re: The post man's been ...

Post by Richard G »

Some Drj0n Bagworks bits and bobs.

Very much a fan of the stuff they're putting out (and makes me want a 3D printer even more!).
Alexinthepeaks

Post by Alexinthepeaks »

Not in the post (in person at Keep Pedelling) - picked up a Shiny Titanium Rack from Tumbleweed for the Pipedream Sirius!
yourguitarhero

Post by yourguitarhero »

L2R24 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:57 pm
    yourguitarhero wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:13 am
    L2R24 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:49 am
    yourguitarhero wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:23 am a Sea to Summit Cinder Down Quilt from their sale.

I'd tried the Alpkit quilt before and found it too cold (seems it is generally poorly reviewed) so hopefully this is one works better for when I don't want to take my sleeping bag.

The bags and info leaflets it comes with are quite nice :)
    @yourguitarhero - which one did you go for if you don't mind me asking? I'm tempted by the "2 degree C" version but their site isn't clear if that's a "comfort" rating...
    I've also got the Alpkit cloud base and agree it's not terribly warm...
    I went for the warmer version.
    I've got a decent 3 season bag which does me fine down to freezing point so wanted this for summer camping - have a month camping in the Pyrenees in summer so thought it would be good for that.

I'll be in Northumberland next weekend so might try it then...
    I ended up getting the cooler weather version...my Cinder 2 arrived this morning and is currently in the tent in the back garden. Feels very warm in 15 degrees :oops: ...size wise the regular seems pretty good for me at 5'8" and quality seems spot on. The straps also seem to allow some wriggle room whilst keeping you covered. Was really torn between the 10 degree and 2 degree versions, but figured might be easier sticking a leg out on warmer nights being a quilt rather the Aegismax bag with 3/4 zip I've been using. @yourguitarhero - What's the lower functional limit on your 10 degree version? Sounds ideall for a summer in tye Pyrenees!
    Finally got to test the 10c quilt out properly over the last few nights walking the Northumberland Coastal Path.

Overnight temps were around the 10c mark. Slept one night in my tent, second night I just slept out in the open (insulated exped mat and quilt, no bivvy bag).
    I wore thin merino long sleeved top and tights and a thin (200g) Patagonia down pullover.

I would say that I was on the limit of "comfort" - I woke up once or twice in the night and thought "Hmm, I'm a bit cold" but then rolled over and went back to sleep. Wasn't helped with my mat having a slow leak which I think is why I got cold as I was just on the ground really.
    Any colder and I would probably take my 3 season bag.

Key seems to be to get the quilt strapped round the mat OK and then to cinch up the toebox and shoulders.