Cheapest (but safe) option of transferring gas from big to small can?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

redefined_cycles

Cheapest (but safe) option of transferring gas from big to small can?

Post by redefined_cycles »

I know there was the mention of the proper gadget the other day. I looked at buying it but the £30 just seemed too restrictive. I also know there was a cheap/cheerful gadget people were making/buying but I decided not to risk it ((or am I getting mixed up with something else!).

Anyone know of a cheap option of said gadget that's (kindof) approved.. Happy to buy from Alpshit if they have something!?

Please... Thanks.

Obviously the reason I'm enquiring is cos I took out my 2 half but probably almost empty canisters today with my little boy - his noodles cooked but my gas finished before it even became hot. Thankfully hw doesn't like the water so let me drink his noodles/cooked water and ate the noodles himself.
Bearlegged

Re: Cheapest (but safe) option of transferring gas from big to small can?

Post by Bearlegged »

I got one from eBay. Just search for "camping gas refill adapter".
Broadly speaking, there are 2 types. One accepts 2 threaded canisters, allowing you to transfer from a larger can to a smaller. The other works with gas canisters that have a nozzle type valve.
redefined_cycles

https://www.amazon.co.uk/WXHN-Camping-C ... 010&sr=8-3

Thanks Bearlegged sir... Just found the (original?) Flipfuel version too (£44 :o ). Will have an ebay search then order :smile:
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

I got one like this a few years back.
I reminds me that I need to do a refill when I get a few minutes.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/314361533526 ... R8zOwvHRYQ

Tip 1) Don't mix gasses, make sure they are both the same

Tip 2) the big one
Don't over fill the canister, it's very easy to put in more than the weight states on the canister.
But it's harder to light and very hard to control and regulate the heat (going off like a volcano), it can be very dangerous even deadly.
Once you get the the weight on the can STOP
Evesie

Post by Evesie »

I use the cheapo couple of quid ebay special, I weigh both cans before & during the filling, most cans I have played with have the gas fill weight so keeping within this should avoid overfill issues.
redefined_cycles

Thanks all. My money comes in after midnight (well, the wifes the money manager but she'll give me spending money... kindof :smile: ) and getting that version Jon linked to for £5 seems decent.

Will have to use the colemans for tomorrows ride but at least it's full (and 450ml sadly).