Karrimor X lite bivi bag

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Dan_K

Karrimor X lite bivi bag

Post by Dan_K »

Has anyone bought one and got any experience of using one?

http://www.sportsdirect.com/karrimor-x- ... bag-781084

With Xmas on it's way I'm looking for gift ideas from people. At 200g it seems good for light summer overnighters and knocks a few hundred grams off the Rab Storm and Hunka XL I have.

I had a look in store and it seems ok. Would use a mat on the outside and a summer bag so loft isn't an issue.
voodoo_simon

Re: Karrimor X lite bivi bag

Post by voodoo_simon »

Their blow up sleeping mats are rubbish (I've had two fail on me) so I wouldn't trust them on their kit. Saying that, I've seen that bag and it does look tempting but if it was me, I'd consider other options

Not a helpful response I know!
Ben98

Post by Ben98 »

Where does it say 200g? I can't see a weight, and if it is 200g, it will be mine :D
Chew

Post by Chew »

Wasn't there a tread about these a while back?
Seem to remember the spec is very similar to a Hunka, so i'd be surprised if they weighed less.
Dan_K

Post by Dan_K »

Ben98 wrote:Where does it say 200g? I can't see a weight, and if it is 200g, it will be mine :D
On the bag itself when you take it out of it's carry bag.

Generally, the lower end karrimor stuff is crap but I know some bits they do are good. Just need to do a bit of research. I thought the x lite stuff was a bit better.

Having seen a lot of Terra Nova stuff on the sports direct website, I wonder if Mike Ashley has a share in Terra Nova and these bags are rebranded Moonlite bags.
AlasdairMc

Post by AlasdairMc »

They're not Moonlite bags as the Moonlite only has a one-sided drawstring and is a different colour.
Dan_K

Post by Dan_K »

AlasdairMc wrote:They're not Moonlite bags as the Moonlite only has a one-sided drawstring and is a different colour.
Cheers Alasdair.
Hoojum

Post by Hoojum »

I'd been eyeing up this bivi for a while too. I stopped in to Sports Direct today and picked one up and it looks OK. It's 209grams and looks similar to a Hunka but thinner.

It'll be a squeeze to get my mat in it but with my mat outside I hope it will be a great lightweight option.

For £24.95 and weighing 209g, it's got to be worth a punt. I'll report back as soon as I've used it.