wtd, a nice light shelter for a big un.

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

ton

wtd, a nice light shelter for a big un.

Post by ton »

i need a nice light and easy upable shelter for a big person.

anyone? please.
Bearbonesnorm

Re: wtd, a nice light shelter for a big un.

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Tony, it might be worth having a look at Decathlon. They sell a full range of spares for their tents meaning you can buy just an outer and pole set. Once the inner's removed, it can make for a roomy and fairly light shelter with good coverage. Also, well priced.
May the bridges you burn light your way
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

Ton,
If you are not in a hurry Ali Express sellers often sell their tents with a choice of inners, ie you can have an outer tent only.
I have a trailstar clone, which a few years back cost me £45 including delivery. Tons of space and headroom, also, very storm proof.
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

PeterC wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:54 pm Ton,
If you are not in a hurry Ali Express sellers often sell their tents with a choice of inners, ie you can have an outer tent only.
I have a trailstar clone, which a few years back cost me £45 including delivery. Tons of space and headroom, also, very storm proof.
I have a trailstar clone firecrest (?) brand. taped seam I also recommend, but out of stock on ali express. they seem very tolerant to pitching on in even ground.! :-bd
1 uses hiking pole and the bike as the other pole, 4 side guys on bike. (doubles as extra bike lock') . Stu (the boss) can make you carbon poles, which I am considering...
I hope you think you know, what I might of exactly meant.
Warning - may contain value odded typos & ither mythspellings..
boxelder

Post by boxelder »

Ton,
...but don't expect it to arrive in time to be in your bag on the seafront at Arnside at start of May.....
Don't be tempted by a Trekkertent Stealth - I like mine, but it'll be too small.
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

boxelder wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:23 am
Ton,
...but don't expect it to arrive in time to be in your bag on the seafront at Arnside at start of May.....
Don't be tempted by a Trekkertent Stealth - I like mine, but it'll be too small.
if you are still interested, try this linkhttps://m.aliexpress.com/item/329118474 ... sitedetail

err forget that Google Ali Express didn't report out of stock.. dooh
I hope you think you know, what I might of exactly meant.
Warning - may contain value odded typos & ither mythspellings..
windjammer

Post by windjammer »

i have a bear paw lair in green sil nylon,stu did a review on here
i dont use mine anymore and im as big as you tony