Blizzard Bivi Bags?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Richpips

Blizzard Bivi Bags?

Post by Richpips »

Has anyone used one of the Blizzard Bivi Bags?

They look like they would offer a good weight saving as they are a combined sleeping bag and bivi.

I know condensation would be a problem if you were going to use it, and they probably wouldn't offer a night of luxury, but if you were going fast and light with a view to not stopping they'd offer some shelter if there was a change of plan.

http://www.blizzardsurvival.com/article ... rvival-bag

Rich
Zippy

Re: Blizzard Bivi Bags?

Post by Zippy »

Got pretty much that, but by lifesystems (got it from go outdoors) for precisely reasons you mention.

Think it's just foil/space blanket material.

Anyway, lifesystems one weighs 210grams when I weight it, so a 385g seems a bit heavy :geek:
Richpips

Post by Richpips »

Agreed that the 385gms is quite heavy though it does look that you might actually be able to get some sleep in it. They're supposed to offer a fair bit of insulation.
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Someone has posted about these and their experiences of use. Have a search, was a while ago.

Think the upshot was they worked, had some limitations but a viable option, if only in extremis.
Richpips

Post by Richpips »

Someone has posted about these and their experiences of use. Have a search, was a while ago.

Think the upshot was they worked, had some limitations but a viable option, if only in extremis.
NIce one found it. Looks like they do work. I'll give one a whirl.

Cheers Rich.
HUX

Post by HUX »

If they are anything like the space blankets we use at work it will come in a small vacuum packed block which is easy to carry but once opened and used you have absolutely no chance of getting it back anywhere near to its original size so you may struggle to carry it out or even re-use it. I would only carry 1 for an emergency.
Chew

Post by Chew »

Search for 'Blizzard' in the above search box.

A few were given out as prizes in the 2012 WRT. Cornish Neil used one and got on well with it.