FS: Tarptent Double Rainbow

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

oreocereus

FS: Tarptent Double Rainbow

Post by oreocereus »

I used this bike touring, and it might be more than some folk here would want for a more lightweight bikepacking set up - though i strapped it to my fork, and at the weight of a water bottle that worked well.

Bit sad to let this one go, it recently served me well cycling from Ireland to Morocco. But finances must and I don't need multiple tents.

Lets call it £170 + Shipping
Weighs at 1189g on my scale with extra guylines

- Reasonably generously sized for 2 with vestibules (it's pre 2017, so before they made the DR even wider).
- 2 Doors
- Porch mode with the doors is really neat in nice weather for extra ventilation
- Pitches in freestanding mode with trekking poles
- Stood up to surprise 45-60mph (estimated - we had to crawl-walk when outside) winds in Brecon Beacons well (with extra guylines!) - which is a lot more than i expected from it. I didn't sleep due to the noise and stress but my partner slept the whole night fine.
- I always intended to replace the stock guylines with longer cord. I think they stock lines are too short, but ultimately it was always workable with some rocks. But longer lines would make life a little easier.

Wear Notes:
- The stuff sack is pretty beat
- There is a pinhole on the lower corner, i gather from abrasion of a sharp plant. It's been there for a few dozen nights and not caused problems - I did have tenacious tape on both sides, but removed the outside tape just now as it was peeling + to take a photo of the hole.

Gratuitous shots:
Image_1240755
Image_1240744

Porch mode (from Tarptent Website)
Freestanding mode (not my pic)

Hole in tent

Example of wear on stuff sack (theres 3 holes like this)