Etrex Use

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

ootini

Etrex Use

Post by ootini »

Hi all

I have a Garmin Etrex 20, which I use for line following. I was just fiddling with some settings and noticed I can either select my GPX track then hit "Show on Map", or I also have the choice to use the "Where to" option, and select the track from there. Can someone explain the difference? Which option does everyone else use?

Cheers
ianfitz

Re: Etrex Use

Post by ianfitz »

On my 30x, which I presume has the same menus, it’s the same.

I tend to use the track manager option to load routes. So I’ve moved it up to the top few rows on the menu.

I did that because it also has the track save options in it too. Meaning I also use that, although I’ve set it up to auto-archive at midnight too

Just means less scrolling.
ootini

Post by ootini »

ianfitz wrote:On my 30x, which I presume has the same menus, it’s the same.

I tend to use the track manager option to load routes. So I’ve moved it up to the top few rows on the menu.

I did that because it also has the track save options in it too. Meaning I also use that, although I’ve set it up to auto-archive at midnight too

You can move the buttons and menu options ??? This is black magic! How? #mindBlown
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

ootini wrote:
ianfitz wrote:On my 30x, which I presume has the same menus, it’s the same.

You can move the buttons and menu options ??? This is black magic! How? #mindBlown

Can on a 30x - I've never used any of the other devices in the series.

I made a 30 sec youtube video to show how - http://youtube.com/video/1M-rLHHO6lw easier than explaining it in text!