Mountain Warehouse down sleeping bags and bivi bags

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Andybev

Mountain Warehouse down sleeping bags and bivi bags

Post by Andybev »

Any thoughts or opinions on the extreme lightweight duck down sleeping bag at £80 and there bivi bag at £20 oh and I get 15% extra forces discount to boot :lol:
Bearbonesnorm

Re: Mountain Warehouse down sleeping bags and bivi bags

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Any thoughts or opinions on the extreme lightweight duck down sleeping bag at £80 and there bivi bag at £20
Kind of answered your own question right there :wink:

Bag's a ratio of 75/25, so alarm bells are ringing straight away. F/P is likely to be less than 500, loft is likely to be less than the length of a midges nob. There's far better ways to spend £80 on a bag: https://rockrun.com/collections/mountai ... a-spark-32

No mention of breathability on the bivvy details. I'd be putting my £20 towards a Hunka.
May the bridges you burn light your way
Jurassic pusher

Post by Jurassic pusher »

I have a Mountain Whorehouse synthetic sleeping bag, it ok in high summer and thinner than a towel.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I have a Mountain Whorehouse synthetic sleeping bag, it ok in high summer and thinner than a towel.
But is it lighter than a towel? If not .... take a towel :wink:
jameso

Post by jameso »

Spend your money with companies who have a rep for testing and developing good value kit - Alpkit, Decathlon etc.
Andybev

Post by Andybev »

Bearbonesnorm wrote:
Any thoughts or opinions on the extreme lightweight duck down sleeping bag at £80 and there bivi bag at £20

Bag's a ratio of 75/25, so alarm bells are ringing straight away. F/P is likely to be less than 500, loft is likely to be less than the length of a midges nob. There's far better ways to spend £80 on a bag: https://rockrun.com/collections/mountai ... a-spark-32

No mention of breathability on the bivvy details. I'd be putting my £20 towards a Hunka.

yep your right alpkit order placed ( I must have shares with them by now) and I may well get the bag you recommend to "buy once buy right"
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

The bag's not down but it is very high quality and should last years if stored well. I tend to think there's a price point where synthetic makes much more sense than down simply because it's down.
sbcoombs

Post by sbcoombs »

I've got one and am pleased with it. It's not for poor weather but OK above around 8 degrees. I use a liner to add warmth and take a down jacket always so have extra warmth if needed. I used this setup with my bivvy on the TNR last year. I was never cold.
I have a warmer bag which doesn't weigh much more, but packs a bit larger.
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

Bearbonesnorm wrote:

There's far better ways to spend £80 on a bag: https://rockrun.com/collections/mountai ... a-spark-32
I picked one of these up for daughter to use. Used it last week, very impressive.

Really well made, soft, comfy. Warm enough at 2c and I’m a cold sleeper.

Packs surprisingly small for a synthetic bag too.

Is very yellow though and has no neck baffle which I always think is worth having on a winter-ish bag.

But an absolute bargain for the current price!
Andybev

Post by Andybev »

Bearbonesnorm wrote:

Ta Bearbones norm
I have taken your advice sort of with a Mountain Hardwear lamina z sleeping bag for £75.60 from Taunton leisure :-bd

I also Smashed the piggy bank and got a Hunka to

many thanks for the guidance